Boing-E-Boing?

HOW DO YOU KEEP IN THE SPLIT BOTTOM MOUNT??? Please help

2 Likes

Try to keep the sting that’s attached to your finger and the loop lined up. Keep pulling the loop up in a consistent motion. Hope that helps a bit. Just keep practicing and you’ll get it.

2 Likes

I use the Shutter Wide Angle btw

I find it way easier to do if you perform a couple rolls and/or flips to add a few wraps around your throw hand index finger, artificially shortening the string. That keeps it a bit more stable and makes the bouncing area smaller, so there’s less chance of it popping out the side. Eventually, you can work your way up to less wraps.

2 Likes

Remember for boingy, the hand motion is up and down, it took me way longer to internalize that than I care to admit.

2 Likes

it took me ~ 6 months to learn that trick and I guess it will take me forever to master it.
My trick to learn it was to rotate my body clockwise a bit, keep the yoyo closer to the throw hand side (instead of in the center), so that my throw hand can be super comfortable moving up & down, without bending my wrist.
I would say just keep practicing and one day all of sudden you will feel “oh I get it”.

2 Likes

This :point_up_2:

I agree with all of the above, also I find that practicing barrel rolls helps with my boing-e game because it gives me practice at keeping my hands/string aligned properly.

I use a Shutter Wide Angle as well, love that throw!

Ivan