BLTyoyoworks, 3rd run of prototypes finished!

This is why usually people either pay someone to do this, or go to college for it. And just so you don’t run into this issue like so many other companies have… Don’t make your walls any thinner than 2mm at any point in the yoyo of you’ll be able to bend the halfs themself when screwing the yo-yo together, or you’ll have hub blow outs like with the original YYF GM2s

Unless, you know…Mr.Firespitter wants to make a Titanium.

Maybe the walls can be be thinner if it was 7075 Aluminum? My YYR Gleipnir’s walls are definitely much thinner than 2mm. Or maybe it’s structurally unsafe? The walls definitely feel +/- 1mm or so.

are you sure its 2mm? I’ve seen plenty of the actual cads of yo-yos, and they’re all plenty thinner than 2mm

and one more thing, i heard that one drop does manufacturing for other companies as well. do any of you know anything about this? costs maybe?

Email them. Btw they make the canvas

Hi all I am the L in BLTyoyoworks and we have been working on designs all weekend long. We were wondering if anyone knew anything at all about manufacturing axle systems. For instance at what point do you decide how long the axle will be/ how wide it will be? We really need help on the mater so any help at all would be appreciated, thanks.
BTW firepsitter will vogue for me on this, I really am part of BLTyoyoworks.

Well, axle length greatly depends on how you want the weight distributed, and whether you want it to not strip.

CLYW’s have longer axles (less stripping and more center weight) than Yoyorecreation yoyo’s, which have REALLY short axles(More rim-focused, likelier to strip).

okay, so here are a few pics of the final design for what will likely be our first release. it wasn’t one of the designs i posted earlier, this one we made later, but we do have 3 others that we will probably also do that were on the list. i may post those as well.

what do you guys think?

i like the design. do you have the specs yet?

diameter of about 55 mm
width of 50.606 mm I think)
weight hasn’t been done yet, sorry

1 Like

The shape I like… the distribution still looks a bit awkaward to me

yeah the rims need to be thinned

I agree

Actually I kind of like it.

oops too late i thinned them a bit already. think you’ll still like it though.

Ya man this thing looks sick!

ok guys, i actually got better specs now.
diameter of about 55 mm
width of 42.854 mm
gap width of 4.1 mm
size c bearing
still don’t know the weight, but I’m working on it.
also, we might be selling a proto or two. around 60-70 dollars (for one) is what i hope to get, though i know i likely won’t get that high.

That high? I’ll be surprised if you keep out that low. Have you looked into prices yet?

what do you mean? that we could sell them for more? i doubt it. if you mean when we get them made, alvin from fox land yo-yos offered $300 for 4 protos. if we sold all 4 (which i doubt we will) after we test them, then if we got $75 each, then we’d get 100% money back.

thats definitely a reasonable price. by selling the protos, were you planning on asking for feedback? or is it just to sell them?