blog for yo-yo players in Virginia

I’m in the NoVA area and have actually been working on the idea of starting a club, even think I have a local business in winchester, va that will let us host meets there. I want to see how many people would show before I work out the final details. Meets would be on sat. afternoons most likely. And for those that arent familiar winchester is about an hour from the dc area and about 2 hrs or so from richmond

How farfrom Chesapeake/ Portsmouth?

eh winchester is farther away than DC haha. I would like to come but its hard to find the time to go that far.

Probably close to 4 hrs from chesapeake

you know…if we get enough people involved maybe we could meet up somewhere in manassas kinda split the difference for people around the NoVA area. Chesapeake is still a haul. I actually live near martinsburg,wv, but manassas isnt too bad of a trip for me.

Winchester’s pretty far even for actual NoVA cities. I’m up in Leesburg and Winchesters still an hours drive west from me. That being said, I wouldn’t mind driving an hour out to Winchester if we had enough people.

I’d like to together with the VA beach people this weekend or anyone who wants to come. Pm for details.

i live like 20 mins away from leesburg…

There are some decent park/shopping areas in this vicinity that might be decent meet-up locations. Lansdowne or Brambleton for instance. There’s also like Reston Town Center as an option? That’s a decently open area. Although maybe someplace near a metro would be more accommodating for anybody living inside the beltway

Forgot to clarify that these are possible Northern Virginia locations

Would MacArthur mall be okay for people? That’s in between VA beach Chesapeake and Portsmouth. Maybe on the roof or the big grass area right pushes the mall in front of the norva. It’s very close to the Tide so people who don’t drive could get there.

Pm me with your phone# if interested in a meetup!!!

Hey guys, I am in alexandria and I know Salzorin is in leesburg. I think cdd1983 is close to winchester, i checked your profile : )

Salzorin and I have been talking about meeting in Tysons Corner mall to hang out and throw. That was going to be just the two of us, its dead smack in the middle of us both.

But if cdd1983 wants to meet up also, I say we meet somewhere like in Ashburn or sterling? Not a 100% sure but let me know if you would like to meet up too.

And I asked Bunin where he lives, he said 20 mins away from leesburg but didn’t say which city.

If you guys all want to meet, since most of you guys are actually west of northern va, i wouldn’t mind driving like to ashburn/sterling or even manassas, i think someone mentioned manassas and that might work if it works for you cdd1983. I am sure Salzorin would be down to meet there, but lets see what he says. We need to compromise on a location :slight_smile:

cdd1983 - is tysons corner too far for you?

So you guys know anyone else around here? keep me posted!!!

Tysons corner just a ways up rt 7. I could do that sometime for sure. I had just mentioned manassas cause of the dude in the Richmond area.

Halleu-yo being the “dude” in Richmond that I was referring to. :slight_smile:

sounds good man, I am down to meet next weekend. oct 15, the one after i am busy oct 22nd, but 29th works for me.

so how long you been throwing?

Well I have a long history with throwing but not that serious until recently. I’m 28 now but when I was around 12 I had a butterfly that I threw a lot until the string broke and the yoyo hit my mom in the head. Then last Christmas we were looking for stuff to fill my sons stocking and I put a butterfly in there. He didn’t care for it but I couldn’t get enough of it!! Then I bought a couple duncans including a metal drifter and started learning some tricks and found the forum but when I got a new job didn’t have much time to throw. But for the last few weeks I’ve been serious and throw as much as I can. Northstar is on the way now. I can’t explain how excited I am to have something with a c bearing in it.

Sorry for the long history, I could of said serious now for a few weeks.

^^^ lmfao … Did u get in trouble for hitting your mom on the head? And I had a metal drifter… It was ok but ull love the north star mos def… I have a protostar and I love it!!! So when are you free to go to tysons? I still have to wait to hear from sam but next weekend ( sat afternoon) works for me. Let me know! So what you working on? I can’t start throwing again until next Friday. According to docs I’ll b ok to start using my left hand… I been just doin loops lol

She wasn’t happy that’s for sure. I’ve been working on slacks and whips mostly. I’ve found plastic whip to be a great mount to bind with plus slack tricks just look cool. When I pulled the yoyos out this last time I made them unresponsive just kinda jumped in head first so to speak. But I’m getting it and having a blast and people are finally saying “hey thats cool” and such.

I may be able to i will have to see how the week goes. We’ve been really busy the last couple weekends.

I’ve been staying in VA beach all weekend and i go home to richmond tommorrow. Staying in a hotel on the Boardwalk