Black Yo-Yo String, Work For You?

Luckily I only bought a 5 pack since I assumed that it might be a little difficult to actually play. I was right. Never again.

Totalartist

Aren’t you just bubbling with enthusiasm after all these glowing reviews? Here at YYE truly believe in granting each participant with as much encouragement as we can possibly muster.

(Wait, what’s the cat playing with…oh…it’s just some of that black yoyo string. He can have that.)

Yikes. Trouble is, now I have to shop for a cat :D. It got a few votes so far though. It didn’t arrive in the mail today. It should be here in a few days.

Oh shop for a cat you say? You don’t shop for one you adopt one at a local pound or veterinarians office if possibly or you can just give it to them any say go nuts cats here’s your favorite thing string!!!

Why can’t I go to a breeder, select my cat, and pay for it? If I looked around at different breeders, I might consider that shopping. More than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. But, back on topic…the cat would be black and play with black string. It would be used string though, because I’m determined to work with it. When the string comes in the mail, I’ll give my initial thoughts. No pun intended, but it happens to be “Kitty” string :D.

This is spot on! Thank you, I actually just got my “All Black” yo-yo package from YYE. 100 black Kitty String and an all black YYJ Prelude! Really can’t speak in detail on the question of this post as we are working on something right now. To the obvious it is about black on black with high speed movements…but definitely not black light. As black does not show up in black light.

That sounds like magic. I’d wear a black shirt, and throw a silver or gold yo-yo. While that sounds like something more advanced, I would look forward to the possibilities of it. Sounds like fun. Thanks for commenting.

I just put black string on my black remnant II and it looks awesome.

I have a preference for black throws in general. I prefer raw (silver), black, blue and gold for yo-yos. The only exception to those colors are YYE Editions. That is one of the main reasons I decided to try the black string…I just love black.

You wouldn’t say like a purple or green yoyo??? Actually when I got my first metal back in 2010 it was a YYF Hectic and when I got it the guy at the store asked if I wanted string and I said yes I want black string (he gave me an odd look) so once I got home I used the black and I just could not keep my eyes on it!!! Less than two mins of play. Thats my black yoyo string story. I am sure you will make it work though as you are funny that way!!!

I picked up on your love for black from looking through the selection of leather yoyo holders. Those guys are burly and robust. I swear if one was to ogle at them for just a bit you could actually see them flex their muscles.

(what did that last guy mean, “your funny that way”?)

That was kind of an inside joke, he knows me well, so just a side comment. He loves purple and green yo-yos, but funny thing is, he prefers yellow string, not purple or green. I may gift him some purple and green twisted when I find it. Those holders are big uns for sure. My favorite holder is even a black one, the black with gold. I lean toward darker clothing too. I like the way it looks, and I am known to be clumsy, so yellow or white will not stay that way long when I wear it.

Those black string will also work for you as your strings can get VERY dirty!!! LOL

::slight_smile: They weren’t dirty, just a little seasoned and broken in is all ;D. I kind of admitted that the black will be a better look for that reason, but I’ve never had a string break. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are the man!! I have it, and I can see it good too…in a room with a 60 watt bulb right now, throwing in the living room. The look of it is soooooo sick. I’m just as good as I was before, no worse. I enjoy throwing more just because it looks so good. I put it in the new YYJ Classic, the blue body with the black caps. I think it’s here to stay…forever.

doesnt work for me…

This thing just looks so sick. Most of my throws are black, blue, gold or silver. Just such a good look. I threw for about an hour, and this is like love at first sight.

I think Mikhail has a video (eXponent?) where he uses black string while wearing a white shirt. It’s an interesting change of pace for videos. As far as regular play goes, I don’t think visibility is the only issue. Because white/yellow string is so popular and nobody really uses black string, I don’t think high quality black yo-yo string has really been made; nothing that feels as good as the yellow/white string most people use at least.

In my opinion, when you’re using lighter colored string, it’s easier to see kinks and twists. Black string sort of blends into itself.

^ I will search for that video. The only thing that worries me now is if I will be able to tell when I should change the string. Hopefully it will start to fray and such so that I might know what condition it is in. The feel might change too. Time will tell. If ever in doubt, I will change the string. I have the black string on a black Exit 8 now, nothing looks better, seriously.

This looks great! What a super color combination, really makes this yoyo look sharp. Despite all the the disparaging remarks that have been made here, (some in jest, some not so much), I think you are really going to enjoy the black string. Any of the inferences of limitations are things you will quickly learn to work around. I can tell the black string is going to prove to be something you relish having on your throws.

Good luck.