Birds! And other exotic pets

Well no love for birds or other misc. animals. I’m betting there’s a tarantula person somewhere around here.
When I was a kid I had a neighbor who’s family owned a monkey. Like the cage took up there living room. It was absurd but kind of cool. They eventually got caught with a pet that’s not supposed to be a pet. Go figure. Not sure what happened to it nor do I remember it’s name.

Anywho here I present sherbet our conur he likes to sing show tunes currently he is stuck on the Andy Griffith theme after the in-laws stayed with us for a few weeks…

He is mildly unhappy with me due to his fruit bowl being empty so I couldn’t get him to leave the cage. I did get some of a tube out of him but he argued about it probably protesting the empty bowl. I filled it after bothering him.

No idea how to add a video I’ll figure that out at some point for now here’s a link to bird singing/arguing

[https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsnGws7AuR7/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==](https://Bird song )

I’ll add my sons caterpillars now cocoons he is trying to get butterflies but I’m certain these are moths. Ohh well fun either way.

And I’ll add the hermit crab. In-laws send one every damn year and this one never seems to die. Found him in the shower the other week no idea why. This check I find his substrate is saturated so I guess I’ll fix that in the morning

10 Likes

Now we’re talking! I’m an exotics person as well.

This is my African Fat-Tailed gecko, named Sirleaf.

9 Likes

Had to two a second post because my phone wouldn’t let me put more than 2 pictures.

This is my demon child, formally named Elaine but called by many others including “Scream Machine”, “Baby Thing-Thing”, and “Hiss Butt”. Hates/fears my yoyos, likely thinks they are alive. Also hates/fears paper.

9 Likes

I had an emperor scorpion for a while. Thing rarely came out of its caves. I did get a cool shot of it drinking but I don’t have that camera anymore.

2 Likes

I have had many “Other” pets over the years.

Painted Water Turtles
Koi
Box Turtles
African Sulcuta Tortoise
Water Dragon
Bearded Dragon
Veiled Chameleon
Pygmy Chameleons
Sugar Glider
African Hedge Hog
Sun Conurs
Poison Dart frogs