Bi-metal shutter confirmed

Will the bi-metal shutter will have the 48mm width of the WA?

3 Likes

I can definitely see this. I honestly view the Shutter as an evolution of the Genesis design.

1 Like

(puts on conspiracy theory hat) :tophat:

If you look at how different the OG Edge is from the Edge Beyond, Wedge, Delrin Edge, Monster Edge, and so on… I think this is a credible statement. I’ve always wondered why everything past the original Edge was so Kuntosh like, whereas that first Edge model was kind of a generic-ish W shape.

I’m curious why the move past the original Edge to the hard angles that IMHO define the Edge series now? The OG Edge looks like an outlier, like it doesn’t even belong in the same yo-yo family! Compare with the Shutter family… night and day, they are all absolutely identifiable as Shutters.

1 Like

Speaking of, for “bimetal styling” why not make the whole yo-yo polished? Fake bimetal snark aside, I do actually agree the polished stuff looks great … and there actually aren’t that many (any??) fully polished yo-yos for sale these days, so why stop at bimetal stripes?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why I love the Gentry line up so much. Seems like he really likes/stands behind each of his yo-yos. Even if he doesn’t throw the Replay all that often (maybe he does though) he still has said he really wanted an entry level signature plastic yo-yo.

2 Likes

Let’s goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

1 Like

We dont know if it will be a bi metal wide angle or regular, i want it to be the wide angle

1 Like

I’m sure @yyfben2.deactivated knows…

1 Like

Wide Angle.

6 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

As a large yoyofactory super fan this is an automatic buy, consider it done. Complete

Gonna go mow some lawn and water some plants for extra dough

6 Likes

You can mow my lawn if you get me a bimetal shutter

2 Likes

I’d like to see Gentry get the same treatment as Evan did where he gets a bunch of variations on the Shutter, but I was talking to IBS about it on discord and he’s pretty much echoed what you’ve said. I assumed it’s up to you, but turns out it’s more about you and the player coming together. I think that’s very cool.

6 Likes

What did Kieren compete with @zslane? Not the Cadence?!?

2 Likes

I think hes used statement.

2 Likes

A bimetal shutter is confirmed as well as a titanium WA on the YYF blog.

4 Likes

Well, there’s something the Shutter brand got that the Edge brand never did: titanium models.

5 Likes

Yet lol. Evan? I think he dared you!

8 Likes

I’ve been watching the Shutter birthday video that Gentry made the other day, and I find it a little ironic that he seems to really like the benefits of redistributing weight away from the center and towards the rims, yet he doesn’t like bi-metals. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I don’t think he “doesn’t like bi-metals”, i believe he just said he didn’t need one. I could be wrong though, I don’t know if he stated somewhere else that he didn’t like them.

1 Like