Bi-metal dings?

Are these more dangerous than monometal dings? I’m talking about those models where the edges are steel/brass. Will they come off or break the Yoyo in some way?

1 Like

Hasn’t happened to me yet. But the good thing is that they don’t really ding like monometals

3 Likes

Probably depends on how hard you hit it. Looking back to the old YoyoJam plastic yoyos with aluminum rims, it seemed that it took a pretty good hit to displace the rims. As I recall you almost had to purposely try to knock them off.

3 Likes

You had to try pretty darn hard. Someone hit my new breed on a cement floor full force and ended up popping a rim off. I just popped if back on and kept throwing. Man, that thing was a beautifully beat piece of yoyo.

3 Likes

Grandmaster is vibey now. But still awesome to play.
Main reason I don’t really reach for bi-metals. For me, they get bumped then arnt ever as smooth as they once were. Delicate little flowers.
With Mono-metals I can usually tune them back and be good to go.

As far as dings, depends on the design and material. SS rings on the outside, harder to ding. But if you hit on the outside where the two materials meet… good luck.

3 Likes

How hard did it get hit? Can you describe the scenario?

Looks like you’re going to have to whip out the hammer and the adult throw

1 Like

Hit my dresser, but of course hit right where the two metals meet up.
Worst spot to hit.

May have bent the axle a bit, I remember your testing of dings, I never tried a new axle to see if that fixed it.

The vibe wasn’t all too bad either, went from smooth smooth to SE vibey.

2 Likes

Well, get a Marco or something, it’s cheeeeeeeeeeeeep(lie)

Next hit might make it go from SF to SW vibey! :joy:

1 Like