Beyblades?

@edhaponik

Yeah I really want the L drago or a fafnir geist, the left spin with the spin steal is crazy for and hand snaps

The top left L drago is really good for spin stealing, but I don’t remember it ever being able to do much other than result in ties.

2 Likes

It’s a wild thought, but I’ve thought about a 2 in 1 concept of using a yoyo with SE system that converts into 2 beyblades lol. The SEs would be the only thing to swap out one pair of SEs that connect as a yoyo and another pair that acts as the tops drivers. lol idk

1 Like

I never watched the show but liked the complexity of the toys so I had 3 or 4 of them as a kid and a stadium. Still at my parents house, I’ll dig them out when my son is a bit older.

Edit: Just looked some up and I definitely had a Master Dranzer and a Galzzly. Good times

1 Like

Saw this and then remembered about this thread and felt compelled to post it here.

6 Likes

One of the best memes ever I would say

Oh, hey - I used to host events on the WBO, I’m a huge metal fight enjoyer still.

As for the skill based segment - yep. There’s not too much that goes into it mechanically compared to yoyoing, but you need to know all the matchups to know how to launch in said matchups lest you lose to something you should have beaten.

However - there’s a LOT of matchups for some formats, so there’s a lot of different beyblades you need to get to test everything for yourself.

Definitely not a skill based hobby as much as a minmaxing one like Albertino said, I see it as sort of a lower skill TCG with incredibly simplistic decks that’s more engaging.

7 Likes

Man, y’all made me want to get some more beyblades again :sweat_smile: I went through a box of my childhood toys and was able to find this old dragoon I’ve had since 2003ish.

Now I have another fun hobby to try to get my son into when he’s old enough! I’m probably going to have to wait a while though because he’s only 9 months old…

9 Likes

I have some old beyblades too! It’s a fun hobby and I’m glad to hear your son is into it. Beyblades can be a source of fun and inspiration for many children, as well as an opportunity to spend time together.

2 Likes

Why does this sound like chatgpt lol

5 Likes

nah, i’m just serious

1 Like

I have some really sick japanese imports! love beyblades.

now im waiting for a beyblade yoyo

4 Likes

I have a collection of unopened beyblades from the plastic era.

8 Likes

Wanna trade for some yo-yos lol

Found these at a yard sale today for my son

6 Likes