After a few months here I’ve come to the conclusion that there are trolls among us. This may contribute to the negativity that shows itself on occasion.
Trolls are simply individuals that enjoy getting an emotional response from others and are disruptive to the forum.
Trolls often cause newer members not to want to risk posting and more established members will start posting less or start looking for a new forum.
Reasons for trolling:
- Attention - Never respond to a troll, try to reason with a troll they win, tell a troll off they win
- Control - view their posts as an experiment in controlling a community
- Numerous other reasons such as boredom
Dealing with a troll:
- Ignore the troll. Simply do not reply no matter how you feel.
- Some sites offer an ignore list that allows you not to see a trolls posts. However the ignore list on this site just prevents you from receiving pm’s from a troll.
- Report posts that you come across that break the forum rules.
Ignoring the troll is the best way to handle the situation and maybe the most difficult.
I thought I’d just bring this up. I know you alll know it as do I, however I’ve fed a few trolls lately. Feeding time is over!