Best Yoyo of 2018?

I wanted to highlight some yoyos that are still available for folks to buy. I do really like the Diffraction a lot though :smiley:

2 Likes

Hummingbird was released in 2017, but it gained alot of recognition this year! Magpie is indeed released this year late August to early September. We will have our inner ring bimetal release in January most likely. :grin: My personal favorites of 2018 is the Smashing X Scales Float and the yoyofriends Magpie.

4 Likes

I think the DV888 has the perfect weight for you @codinghorror :wink::wink::wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™m still living in 2014 so puffin 2 baby

5 Likes

I really love the MFD Conspiracy; itā€™s so much fun to play with!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m putting my vote in for the SF Cadence.

6 Likes

I recently saw someone describe the Cadence as a monometal Recess Charm and now I canā€™t stop thinking about that :thinking:

3 Likes

Edge Beyond and Alta. And DK

3 Likes

Theyā€™re both signature yoyos designed for the same individual at almost the same timeā€¦ similarities shouldnā€™t be too surprising? Basically two yoyos in the same prototyping series, even. One just ended earlier.

Yoyo of the year: Quail

8 Likes

Bliss! (this time I double checked that this is 2018 yoyo :joy:)

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to go with the Yoyofactory ND
Great, solid yoyo.
IMG_3411

6 Likes

That one is tough, since itā€™s basically the same as the ND Ultra, except in a different material. When I think best of the year, I think of new designs!

3 Likes

Will the inner ring bi metal be called ā€œThe Bird is the Word?ā€

2 Likes

There are alot of other companies using bird names now so we decide to change direction to computer technology related names. :grin:

4 Likes

I would have to say for me even though its a budget throw id say the topyo selene

2 Likes

its not released yet but iā€™d have to say the Wolfyoyoworks Amarok

1 Like

Omnitron. Absolutely fantastic player.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true, but I noticed a slight change in the shape.

3 Likes

also the piece of metal around the fingerspin cup is bigger because 6061 canā€™t be as thin as 7068. Thatā€™s the additional 1~2 grams. The ND feels a bit more stable, but has less of the feathery feel of the Ultra.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the perfect way to differentiate them. :ok_hand:t4:

1 Like