Best YoYo for a 3-Year-Old

I started with the Yomega Brain for my four year old nephew and seven year old niece. My niece quickly moved on to a YYF 720 looper (her pick) in less than an hour, but my nephew is still enjoying the Brain. She also tried a looper from a YYE competitor, but opted for the YYF looper. I suggested the other looper one because it isn’t as heavy and the plastic isn’t as dense and might hurt less should she get hit with it. I purchased the Brain as soon as they showed interest, as they were struggling with the tug return. I had heard Brandon Vu and Andre’ Boulay discussing the Brain on Vu’s podcast awhile back, having never tried it myself. My niece gets to I trade the 720 for an upgrade when she can complete fifteen to twenty successful throws, or if I think she’s practiced enough and has it down. I’ve found if I don’t place goals like this, the kids want to trade in just to try every yoyo I have. Once they have the skills, I’m fine with that, but not until they have the basics down. I learned this the hard way with a different nephew. Every three minutes or so he was ready to try a different one, and thus not learning or practicing. I must admit, I was absolutely thrilled that my nieces and nephews have shown an interest and asked to learn how to throw. Made my year! WOOT!

5 Likes

My little girl just got her first yoyo :slight_smile:
Sent by Lars from Denmark

6 Likes

Just make sure it’s the “new” butterfly XT. I can barely get the old model to return consistently. The new one however is just right for a first throw imo.

1 Like

Get em a spinstar it works gud

1 Like

D’awh, what a sweetie :blush:

1 Like

I still can’t do a regen at 30, so…

2 Likes

Those took me a little bit. 2A practice helps immensely. I learned when you try to force it, it tends to want to go askew, but when you wait till the right point in return and let the yo-yo do most of the work, it tends to stay in plane. Also if you can shoot the moon, watch how your hand behaves with the yo-yo. It’s what helped me.

1 Like