Best yo-yos of 2013-2018

Draupnir, Masamune, Hummingbird

There’s many great yoyos nowadays, that’s why you’re seeing so many different answers. And there’s throws that I’ve enjoyed just playing with more.

But those 3 are the undisputed best yoyos I’ve ever laid my hands on. I can’t think of another yoyo I’ve tried that I would put on the same tier as those 3

To be completely honest though we’ve kind of peaked in terms of design and pure performance. Which is why the 2013 Draupnir is STILL regarded as the best to ever be released by many people

1 Like

:joy: I tried to get my hands on one, but no, no, I don’t have and haven’t tried a Grail.

Of all G2 I tried I’d say I love the Reaper the most, that being said it’s been awhile since I tried a Banshee and memory is a bit vague.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Duncan and the Haymaker X!

I feel Edge Beyond did the whole “massive extended bimetal rim” thing better though.

1 Like

THANK YOU For PUTTING THE TERRARIAN UP ON THEIR

1 Like

Could be, but they’re both flagship models of their brand, and anyone interested in looking at the best-of should consider both.

1 Like

Surely you jest! Tis garbage you display kind sir

1 Like

shutter & replay pro

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to ask something similar. What yo-yos among the best of the last few years have been embraced the most among competitive yoyoers?

From my past experience a lot of what the forum/internet community embraced as the top yo-yos didn’t always align with what the top yo-yos were among the competitive crowd that often doesn’t spend as much time chiming in online.

It’s not pre-2010 anymore where multiple top competitors are using the same yoyo. The last time we’ve seen this happen I’m pretty sure was 2014(I think that’s the right year) when like 5 worlds finalists used the YYR Draupnir. That yoyo’s still considered one of the best today. Partly because there’s many great yoyos that are competition viable now and partly because people just use whatever company they’re sponsored by made. The top 5 or so players in the game right now just use their own signature yoyos.

There isn’t really even a general consensus over what the top 3 or 5 best yoyos are right now in the community but the Draupnir is still the pinnacle benchmark for what a perfect competition yoyo should be.

4 Likes

I remember in 2015-2016 (think these were the years they came out) so many Recess Weekends and Vacations being used by competitors.

2 Likes

Now-a-days everything is so good that just about any yoyo works fine. Honestly just pick any v-shaped bi-metal and you’ve got yourself a winner

I’ve been scanning the bi-metals and looking for one whose specs match my preferences and are slightly more recent releases.

My list of potential choices:

BiND
GTX
Astrea
Bliss
Ignition
One of the Recess bi metals

If anyone has any they think I should consider let me know. I’m really just waiting until after the TiVayder.

2 Likes

Those are some great choices. I’ve really been eyeing the Astraea lately too…

Idk how you feel about used throws but if you want a well loved Ignition for cheap let me know

Also, I would look at the UNPRLD Flashback. And not bimetals but I would look at the OD VTWO and G2 Banshee too

4 Likes