Best video game OST's?

Splatoon and Terraria are some of my personal favs! (especially Nine out of Tension/Big Betrayal and Plantera/Boss 2 respectively)

3 Likes

Donkey Kong country 2 diddy kongs quest has the best soundtrack to any game ever. Hearing it now and reminiscing from 1994 almost makes me ■■■■ in my pants. :grin:

2 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot this…

The entire Undertale soundtrack.

2 Likes

The entire Ori and the blind forest and Ori will of the wisps sound tracks
Also any Legend of Zelda wind waker sound track

1 Like

Splatoon music is awesome.
So far I did the music in splatoon #1/Wii u to be the best. Splatoon 3 is good too.

1 Like

some random deep (and not so deep) cuts

3 Likes

Did someone posted Jet set radio future?
Is just amazing!

1 Like

Caves of Qud OST that I should have posted. Give the first track a whirl.

1 Like

Hotline miami ost is sooooo good. Synthwave i think the genre is called

7 Likes

F Zero X and Hades have two of my favorite OSTs. Transistor and Halo 3 are also incredibly good.

4 Likes

linking heian alien over emotional skyscraper…

a bold pick, but not one I agree with

1 Like

If we’re doing original soundtracks, Breath of the Wild is killer. As is all of Super Castlevania IV mentioned earlier. Castlevania Symphony of the Night also slays. And Castlevania Bloodlines for Genesis/MegaDrive. Also Kid Dracula on NES. ALSO first gen Pokemon.

Oddball is Guitaroo Man/Lives. So damn good.

Compilations that cannot be beat are Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1, Katamaris (though there are original tracksni believe it’s mostly a comp, correct me if I’m wrong) and Jet Set/Grind Radio.

3 Likes

Castlevania really had some top tier walking around music.

4 Likes

cruisin’ yeah yeah cruisin’ usa YEAH

5 Likes
2 Likes

I definitely forgot to mention some bangers earlier, so here’s a few more (yes, I grew up in the 16 bit era :stuck_out_tongue: )

4 Likes

Transistor is so good. I love supergiant all their games have a lot of love poured into them.

3 Likes

Barkerville! That’s a good one.

1 Like

Supergiant is easily the most recent and reliable studio to have released anything of real substance. Larian comes close though. BG3 is a helluva game.

1 Like

Fromsoftware is reliable too if you like their style. Elden Ring was my first game I beat from them and I get it now. It was so good I bought AC6 having never played an Armored Core game which has been so fun.

1 Like