Best Plastic Competition yoyo?

Name them PLZ looking for help, i need a new one for scales. around a 46 - 47mm width, with a lot of power

2 Likes

Why so wide?

3 Likes

i love my wide yoyos :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Could always go with the good old Replay Pro or Wedge.

There’s also the Antidote which YoYoExpert has a TON of ATM.
Or the Plstc, though it’s out of stock everywhere.

I’ve heard great things about the Northstar.

Or if you have the money for it, I’ve also heard good things about the Dove.

3 Likes

Of those, only the PLSTC and Wedge are wide enough. Between those I’d probably pick the PLSTC.

3 Likes

i may have criticisms for half of these :rofl: the replay pro would be my top choice for it’s stability and weight, but is to slim coming in at 43mm, the PLSTC which i have is so light that it dies out to soon, the northstar has aluminum weight rings which wouldnt be a problem on its own, but i cant use it for scales v5, the antidote ive heard good things about, so i might try that, the wedge is good from what ive heard, but is a w - shape (my least fav), the dove might be good, but then there is the speedaholic xx, assuming i can snag that off of BST or a retailer that still carries it. :frowning: im stuck

2 Likes

The Antidote feels light to me as well…so I’m not sure it’s what you’re looking for either.

2 Likes

ok Thanks for letting me know! crossing that off my list

2 Likes

perhaps a little narrow, but what about the CLYW Big Dipper?

3 Likes

hm maybe, although its a little hard to find right?

2 Likes

In stock

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/plastic-yo-yos/products/clyw-big-dipper-yoyo?variant=18874898372

4 Likes

so far i have dove, speedaholic xx, and delrin skyva. speedaholic is my top choice rn

4 Likes

Someone’s gearing up for that Scales plastic bonus :wink:

Have you tried a Northstar/Protostar (not the fingerspin one)?

6 Likes

Actually yeah, I think that’s the one I’m thinking of that I’ve heard a lot of great things about. The north/protostar (the non fingerspin one I linked above).

1 Like

I would use the PLSTC, I did in the last scales

3 Likes

same, but i didnt enjoy it that much

3 Likes

The ProtoStar is a classic performer, but is really quite far from the 46mm-48mm width spec. If the width requirement was relaxed, then I’d say the Dove is a real no-brainer. And if we really open it up, then I’d rather play a Gamma Crash than anything else with a plastic body.

5 Likes

Oh another to look for is the Thesis YoYo Seranade, pretty wide and made of delrin.

5 Likes

49mm wide wow!

2 Likes

TopYo Mojo might fit the specs, inexpensive, and just dropped new colorways a while back so is available new at the moment. Not the best for grinds, tho, if that’s an issue. If you’re looking for something solid on the cheap, it’s at least worth looking at.

I’ve also got a Serenade, and it’s pretty great, especially if you dig 'em on the wide side.
5 Likes