Best metal throw for under 40$.

I know I have 2 topics but this one is for my friend. Anything but a dv888 or Popstar he already has those. Please help.

The Shinwoo Dolphin is $32, and I think that’s pretty much going to do it for sub-$40 metals here on YYE then. The Shinwoo Zen’s are mostly $45.

Does the dolphin play decently for 32$. What about the raptor?

Never tried the dolphin, but the raptor is great. It’s an excellent choice for $40.

I totally forgot about the Raptor and it’s a yoyo on my “wants” list!

I don’t think YYE would knowingly carry a yoyo that didn’t play decently. Granted, not all yoyos are a perfect fit for all players, but I seriously doubt YYE would carry a dud of a yoyo. Having said that, I bet the Dolphin is pretty decent.

Their’s some bootleg Chinese throws out there that play just as nice.
Aoda’s work fine.
But if your looking for an Official company I guess the DV888 or the 2.0 or Just get an 888 off the BST.
I suggest you look at the BST as you’ll find 60$ throws for 40 Bucks.

You could go for a Yomega Dash/Maverick. I have a Maverick and it is slightly undersized with pretty good spin times. If you do get one of these I would reccommend getting shims for full unresponsive play.

You said official company and stated Yoyofactory yoyos. Is Yoyofactory the only “official” company? What happened to Duncan, Shinwoo, and a lot of other companies? As for a cheap metal, for around 55 dollars you can get a RecRev.

Since the OP is inquiring in the $40 range, I would think bumping up $5 is a reasonable stretch in that price bracket. $15 is too high a price jump up for someone asking in the $40 range. I’m not saying it would be bad. RecRev makes some good stuff at the $55 break as well as the DiBase by C3 YoYoDesign. $45 also opens up the dv888, most of the Shinwoo Zen models and many other affordable, quality metal throws. I usually try to use the OP’s number as a harder limit as we may not be able to determine how flexible they are in budget.

BST would probably still be the best bet as ope might find stuff in the $60-70 and under PERHAPS selling for $40 shipping with dings, scratches, nicks, and other “user imposed imperfections due to being used as a what it was meant for”.

I guess so. Look around the BST for a cheap metal. I bought a slightly dinged L3 for 15$.

Sorry but lets look at it this way.

One drop
No throws under 40$.
CLYW
Nope
Monkey Finger
Nope
Duncan
Yes [ But they’re all plastic’s and 1 or 2 that are metal] He asked for a METAL throw so :confused:
Yoyojam [ Preetty much the Plastic company of Throws ]
Vs Newtons
Nope
Chico Company + Yomega + RecRev + Werrd
These are official companys but I have never played with them alot I’ve only played with Yomega’s.

Yeah, but Yoyofactory doesn’t have many regular sized metals under 40$ either. And I totally forgot about the JK. Would be a great choice for 25$.

I think it’s just difficult to make a high quality metal yoyo for that sub-$40 market. That number seems to be a major breaking point to me. Once you can break the $40 barrier, people seem willing to spend way more.

That’s not to say that the sub-$40 yoyos carried by YYE are bad yoyos. It’s great that there are a few models to choose from. I think almost everyone who has decided to get into yoyo deserves a good quality metal yoyo. It’s a good stop-gap solution until one can afford or really decide to go big and get something way up in the price category.

I have to say, being a parent who is into yoyo, it’s nice to be able to relate to this as the kids would. Watching their progress as well as mine, we’ll know when it is time to spend big. But, before that, they can try my pricy yoyos, which gives a tremendous advantage when that time comes.

Magic Yoyos broke the 20$ point with yoyos that plays like they’re worth a hundred. I swear, without the engravings you could never tell it was only worth 20$.

Raptor
It was used to won EYYC 2011. Hard to find great throw for $40? Not really.

and yes, if you don’t mind a chinese yoyo, magic yoyo or auldey is great.

Which is why I said Chinese bootleg’s work EXTRAODINARY.
The only reason why its so cheap is because the material isn’t so durable but still plays.
What I mean is that if it gets hit in the concrete it’ll prob chip off unlike high end metals who’ll prob just ding.

Aoda
Magic
Audley
Some new companys
Recrev
YYF
YYJ
Duncan

Why get a metal? If you’re going for under $40, it would probably be better just to get a Northstar, Protostar, or PSG. They’re probably better than any a lot of metals you could get for $40.

YYE looks down upon bootlegs.

I’m mixed. I have a Bootleg that impressed me so much I had to buy the real thing(which works better) and the upgrade. I think I have another copy model but I’m not sure.

In general, I am trying to buy from US stores as much as possible, which means YYE sees a lot of my dollars coming in.

Not all Aoda, Auldey, and Magic Yoyos are bootlegs. They also have their own designs, which I feel play better than the bootlegs. I mean, the Aoda Dancing Pearl and Aoda Miracle came BEFORE the YYF JK and Superwide.

I would definitely look into the BST. I’ve seen Genesis go for around $40, as well as 888x, which are both solid throws. There’s almost always a really good throw for $40 on the BST if your willing to search a little.