Best jack of all trades yo-yo?

Made me think of this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Showerthoughts/comments/9hdiv0/sharks_function_by_instinct_and_only_strive_to/

3 Likes

come on, i’m not that dry. self promotion isn’t cool

2 Likes

PUFF👏🏻IN👏🏻2👏🏻

Why do you need to write complete sentences?

3 Likes

Ive thought about this for a while now, and I think I’d have to say Puffin 2.

Edit-Holy crap! @Bearly posted my answer while I was typing it! The universe is a crazy place hahaha!

5 Likes

Yeah I know, I’m just playing. I know you love the cadence :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did we just become soulmates

2 Likes

Prob

1 Like

That r/ thread got weird fast! Even humans, when all the decorations are stripped away, are just striving to survive. Food, water. Jack of all trades yoyo? I think this would be something that could decently loop as well as go through a decent amount of modern stuff.

1 Like

I’m suprised that no one has said many really expensive yo-yos yet!

1 Like

There have been some really good suggestions already, and some wierd convos as well. But alas a jack-of-all-trades will still be quite different for everyone.

I really like the Deep State and now carry it everywhere. It can do alot of fixed axle-esque type tricks and some 1a. But it will never grind, fingerspin, or do horizontal well.

The Shutter is still in my opinion a great all-arounder. My preference would be the wide angle. It is really good and fun, mine is pink and green fade which catches the eye as well.

I also really like the Turntable 2.0. I picked it up in the mystery box and it is awesome. It grinds really well with the matte finish, fingerspins for days with cup, and has all the spin power I could ever use with a really comfortable rounded hand feel.

I am also really excited about the new Hotdiggidy 2nd run for a budget option. I just bought two to do a grey and blue half swap with my son. The new finish is really nice and it also has a small dimple for fingerspins. At 30 bucks it really is a steal!

4 Likes

Such as what?

Well I almost mentioned the Fianchetto, but the Jack-of-All-Trades was blurring a bit with EDC. The Parlay is in the same boat for me. I love both of those!

Oh yea. that just happened. :smiley:

1 Like

Draupnir, Bliss, etc.

How is a yo-yo like the Draupnir a Jack-of-All-Trades? It’s about as specialized as they come, with a singular focus on competition performance.

1 Like

In my experience, it had a good spin time and it can handle a ton.

I think some people are looking at this conversation as being “if I could only have one yoyo”. And that’s not really the same as “jack of all trades”.

5 Likes

I’ll go Hot Diggidy at budget metal and Banshee '18 at high end.

2 Likes

For me - I’m gonna say the O/D Gauntlet.

Right, the full expression is, “Jack of all trades, master of none.” I haven’t played the Hot Diggidy, but it seems more like a yo-yo that fits the term, than some others that have been suggested.

Then again, it was the OP who suggested the Draupnir…

2 Likes