Best budget metal?

hi i am looking for a great metal yoyo under 30 dollars .
skill level - moving to advanced tricks
currently throwing a replay pro
and yeah the yoyo should be available on rewind
thanks…
btw a store in my country is selling shutter for 35 dollars … sj=hould i get it ? cuz it comes with a flat bearing and i have heard that it is not a great bearing

2 Likes

At one time, I didn’t see why everyone was going on about how great the Shutter is. After buying and playing with a few hundred yoyos in the last two years plus, I get it now. It can do just about anything, it’s very stable, which is very helpful for beginner and intermediate throwers, it is a great all around throw. Flat bearings aren’t bad, if anything it will force you to be a tiny bit more precise, they just aren’t quite s as helpful as some other types, definitely not a deal breaker, imho. I have two Shutters that came with flat bearings, and a few that came with a Centertrack bearing, and the play is not very different at all. The ones that came with a flat bearings, I purchased directly from Mr. Stein’s site brand new. If I didn’t know it, I wouldn’t be able to tell. I’d say you cannot go wrong for that price. Good luck!

2 Likes

Great deal. Get it. I have 2 Shutters and they did not come with flat bearings. Shutter is a great yoyo.

I mean I wouldn’t call a bearing a make or break thing for me. A flat bearing just requires a bit more precision. While this may mean a few spots of frustrations learning things it will actually only make you a cleaner player in the long run. So in my opinion if things are tough for you to get i would say a 35 dollar shutter is a fantastic place to start

2 Likes

Thanks it’s done then as the lockdown opens i am getting a nice shutter

2 Likes

Remember, you can always swap out the flat bearing for a centering bearing. The store you are buying from may even have centering bearings available.
Edit to add: your Replay Pro likely has a centering bearing. You can swap that into the Shutter (taking care to gently screw the Shutter back together so as not to damage the threads)

3 Likes

this is the best budget throw out there

7 Likes

A MagicYoyo Y01 Node is hard to beat for its ~$15 price tag.

8 Likes

+1 for the Silenus - I have two now. Great throw for a very reasonable price. The 7003 aluminium definitely has a more premium feel than 6061, just not quite like 7075.

4 Likes

The Shutter is a good throw, you can get a B-Grade for cheaper than 35 bucks. The N12 is also a great performer, you can get a few of those so you can try out 3A or something. Only drawback is it comes with a rather short axle, so be careful of stripping it.

2 Likes