Best Bimetal of 2019 (so far)

This year has been quite an interesting year for bimetals, with a huge increase of inner-rim designs. What do you think the best bimetal released this year is? My vote is for the Raytracer.

(Yes I’m well aware it’s totally subjective and there is no ‘best’ yoyo. I just want to see what people think.)

Edit: Feel free to count yoyos released late 2018 as well!

5 Likes

in the last under 3 months? Thats a might small pool of yoyos.

Don’t worry. BiND is coming and this will be easy to answer :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Smaller sample size makes it easier to choose! I’m really looking foward to BiND as well :smirk:

Best ones I’ve tried (which is far from all of them) are the Artermis and Draupnir Overdrive. I think they both came out before this year though :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

4 Likes

We got Artemis in January, so I’ll count it. I would say my favorite of 2019 would be between the Artemis and Astraea.

4 Likes

Not tried the Astraea though I really like the look of that raw and purple one. Looks stunning.

I was hoping I’d win that YYE voucher on the COTA contest so I could buy one :joy:

2 Likes

Beside the raytracer, I would say Artemis really hit it on the spot! That yoyo is amazing, even the 6061 version is amazing. If you wait till end of 2019 there will be way more options, if you know what I mean :wink:

3 Likes

Edge Beyond, y’all ready know. But I do really want to see the bi-ND

2 Likes

Edge Beyond is a definite 2018 release, don’t think that counts for this one.

2 Likes

Statement

3 Likes

I’m really liking the 2sick blockade

3 Likes

Blockade is great, but was first released in 2018.

He said you can do 2018 releases

How about the Original fixed axle made from Egyptian soapstone?

It was unveiled during a Tomb dig about 2000 years ago.

Can that count?

6 Likes

Nope, Greek terracotta or nothing.
But seriously folks my two favorites are the mini star 2 and the gladiator/slave.

grasshopper x…?

1 Like

Blockade. 2018 release, but bought it this year :slight_smile:

The 2Sick Grandmaster will be in the running once it gets into some more hands @yomagic

8 Likes

Yeah the Grandmaster is much more interesting to me (in play) than the other 2sick bimetals released recently, and there have been several…

3 Likes

now that OP has said late-2018 releases are okay, i’d say the SF Ceasefire is my favorite of all time. im not saying its the best bimetal of any year, but its the one i play most of the time since I’ve received it.

if SF makes more of them in a funky color, i’d definitely be getting another. just my two cents

2 Likes