best beginner counterwieght yoyo

hi my brother wants to start on counterweight play what would be a good yo yo for him to start with?

Almost any yoyo used for 1A is a great choice for 5A.

However, if you need counterweights, the FHZ is for you…
http://yoyoexpert.com/product/duncan/freehand-zero/

If he can bind then PGM is great choice for 5a. If he can’t then he can use lyn fury + thick lube, FHZ or any 1a yoyo will be good.

almost anything would do but for starters i say using plastics first so i recommened the FHZ or not Lyn fury or not PGM if you can bind…

ok thnks he wants to get a flying squirrel but i dont think that is a very good yoyo

He can bind right? The Lyn Fury is always a good choice. It has enough weight and a siliconable dual o-ring response. The Kickside is also known to deliver failry good 5a play. Some people prefer double silicone so they buy two of them and have a lefover dual starburst Kickside. And the FH0 is also a good choice. Some dif-pads or a silicone recess will make a good FH0. The Takeshi modded ones are a possibility as well.

Another possibility that hasn’t been named yet is the Phantom by Shinwoo. It is economic and plays fairly good. I happen to know a certain someone who’s really into Shinwoo yoyos. If you want any info, it is better to contact him than me.

Addment: Most plastics with a litlle weight to them will work for 5a, you don’t need a “special” 5a yoyo.

I would reccomend the Flying Squirrel!
I love mine, especcially for the price.

Fixed. :wink:

Thanks!

the duncan mg… just kidding.

the flying squirrel is great for counter weight and beginer 1a tricks.