Best Bassist

Now i know they all have different styles… but in your opinion, what is the best bassist out of these five bassists?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7392/largemouthbass.jpg

I’ll put that in the running ^____^

I doesn’t look like you’ve listed any options (must be a problem with my computer.) Anyway, my favorite bassist is either Flea (Michael Balzary) of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Jon Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin.

Yeah, haha. The ones i have listed are

Les Claypool - 0 (0%)
Victor Wooten - 0 (0%)
Geddy Lee - 0 (0%)
Justin Chancellor - 1 (50%)
Flea - 1 (50%)

John Entwistle from the Who

i luv me some flea

I’d say Geddy Lee if you’re talking about all around talent, but Victor Wooten if you’re talking strictly bass. Evan Brewer is missing from your list. Flea’s been doing almost the same thing for about 20 years now, I wouldn’t even be able to tell you if it’s really creative or not because I’m so use to hearing it.

Also Bucket Head is about 80% as good at bass as he is at guitar which makes him effing awesome at bass, and above Flea IMO.

x2

For me it’s a tie between John Pattitucci, Jaco Pastorius and Christian McBride. On that list i’d say Victor Wotten, but it’s hard to judge different sounds.

You are completely missing Matt Freeman from Rancid and Steve Harris from Iron Maiden. And Jaco Pastorius or Michael Manring

I love Claypool and Geddy. Flea can just go away for all I care. I honestly don’t understand why so many people think he’s so great. He’s really not that creative.

I’m totally stuck between Claypool and Geddy though…

Steve Harris is my choice right now.

I said these five. I’m not saying these are the best bassists, i’m just asking what you guys think about who the best out of these five is.

It actually says who’s the best bassist on the poll, so forgive me for misunderstanding

Dude, the song “Maxwell Murder” has the best bass line…

And don’t forget James Jamerson and Paul McCartney, bass would not be the same without them!

they’re all good in their own style but its hard to choose for me
so i picked the one who can play the most syles

Out of this list, Wooten, hands down. Claypool/Lee would be a close 2nd. I also have to agree w/ a lot of people out there, Flea is WAY over rated.

3 Likes

Thanks for saying Flea is over rated

so true^^
wheres paul chambers and ray brown
or stanley clarke

I said these five. I’m not saying these are the best bassists, i’m just asking what you guys think about who the best out of these five is.

I think Flea and Chancellor should be on a different list, they don’t even begin to compare to the rest.