Best 5A comp yoyo?

I want to start competing in 5A and I’m looking for a comp yoyo that’s not too expensive. Any recommendations?

1 Like

It is cheaper on sale and is a signature model of a 5a competitor. It is 50mm wide and easy to put on the string.
I think it is easier to buy Polycon weights because you don’t have to rework the string.
I would be happy to help.
I will let you know if I find another good candidate.

1 Like

what about bi metals? Are bi metals good for 5A?

Since 5a is a competition where yo-yos often fall, bimetals (especially outer rim bimetals) may cause the rim to shift.
If the rim shifts, it may lead to blurring, so it is recommended to buy a monometal model or inner rim bimetallic for practice in the beginning.

1 Like

ok. Thanks!

1 Like

Perhaps this could also be used for 5a.
Yo-yos made by turning point are very sturdy.
They are on sale for a little less.
Signature model of 5a player Hiroyasu Ishihara.

3 Likes

The Galaxy series was also used by Ishikawa sora and is suitable for 5a.
And since you can buy it cheaply, you don’t have to worry too much if you drop it.

2 Likes

As a loooong time 5A player, if i had nothing and had to start over with what’s in stock. I would def be snagging a pair of either of those C3’s listed. I’ve not tried either but i can tell they will rip for 5a and C3 is just awesome. I’d take a peek at the mono metal duncans too. The new yoyofriends Shine looks like a banger as well. Personally, the freehand mini is a favorite of mine right now, but i would not call it beginner friendly. But it rips too.

3 Likes

Stellar IX

2 Likes