bent axle = crazy vibe

Background: I let my students throw my yoyos before and after class, during study hall, etc. I can’t expect every yoyo to stay in mint condition, and they don’t, but for the most part, the kids take good care of them. Today I discovered that my YYJ hitman has developed a vibe like no other. Upon further inspection i discovered that the axle is slightly bent.
Since YYJ makes axles such that they are stuck to one of the yoyo halves, I can’t just replace it, there must be more involved. So here is my question:

How can I replace a YYJ axle or fix one that is bent?

any comments will be helpful.

Well, one end of the axle will have a place for an allen wrench. If you got lucky that half won’t be stuck in the yoyo.
If it is, and you know for sure you’re going to replace the axle, just wrap some pliers around it and turn like crazy.
If you want to keep the threads intact, wrap a thick rubber band around it and use pliers.

Or hook it on a drill, grab the half, and the turn.

Channel lock pliers can remove them in a matter of seconds.

You can get a replacement axle at your local hardware store. Just look for a 6x32 set screw. The ones YoYoJam uses are 3/4" long but I prefer 1/2" long. (not to mention it is much easier to get 1/2" long ones)

A good way of keeping the threads in tact and removing the axle is by using two nuts. Get two that fit the axle and tighten them against each other really tightly. Then grab some pliers and grab both nuts and turn to the left and wallah!

I’m not too concered about keeping the threads intact, since the axle is bent anyway.
So once I have the axle off, and i get a replacement, is it just a matter of screwing it into one half and I’m done, or is there anything I should do besides that?

Nope that should be it.

For the new one, I would recommend doing what I mentioned to get it back in because they are pretty tough to get back in as well.

Or you can use a hex key (allen wrench) and tighten the setscrew in the half with that.