uh ohhhh :(

I think I have bent the axle on my DM, does anybody know how to be definatly sure that the axle is bent and if it is, can I replace the axle and where can i get axles from?
I’m saying this because when I look at the yoyo while it’s spinning one side has a wicked vibe.

Make it sleep. If it is wobbling, then touch your finger to the rims. Don’t push. If there is vibe, it’s probally the axle.

it maybe the mysterious YYJ vibe :’(

yeah pretty sure its the axle my DM has had a bit of a hard life its hit the tile fair hard on more than one occasion wierd that I only noticed the vibe today though.
I just really would like to know if it is possible to replace the axle and where to get them from?

You can tell if the axle is bent by taking it out of the yoyo (if possible) and roling it across a flat surface. You should be able to tell immediately if its bent (ie. roll isn’t smooth, sort of “jumps” forward; also you can look underneath the axle and see a gap between it and the flat surface).

To find a replacement for it, try looking at our accessory/parts section in our shop. If not, try yoyonation.com
Still no luck, you might be able to find the same size and thread of your axle as a bolt or threaded rod at a hardware shop, even one that has a threading machine would be perfect.

1 Like

I just looked in the shop here, and I did not see any, so I checked Yoyojam’s website, and they have both regular and small axles there, so I will send you a link through a personal message.
I hope this would help. Happy Throwing!

1 Like

Or unscrew it. Like spin it when unscrewing. If the side wobbles and it’s not done unscrewing… you’re screwed. :smiley: I’m not sure if the axles are meant to be taken out… I can’t. I even used a power drill on it.

OK I’m totally sick of uninformed people giving advice on things they don’t even know about.

Yes the axle is meant to e taken out for this very reason.
also this is a YYJ. Not all YYJ’s will spin like that on the axle. Also that is an extremely poor way to find out. Take a YYF or CLYW for example. They will wobble if you try that with them. Its called space between the threads. The only thing that straightens them out is the bearing and the bearing seat. That and only that is what holds the two halves true to each other.

Please think before you post. Telling someone that is new that they are screwed isn’t such a good thing. Especially if they aren’t at all.

Like others have said, take out the axle and roll it on a flat surface. That is the best way to tell. If its rolls smooth then you hit a rim too hard and bent it.

3 Likes

Really… then you’ll need like 3000 horsepower to get it out… all of mine are stuck. And I’ve tried all the nut way and stuff… and I used a drill, and my yoyo beat the drill… but maybe that’s just me.