Ben's First Parts Review: The Hollywood Modern Yoyos Deluxe Kit

TLDR: If you need all the parts you will ever need, this kit will give you all the parts you ever need for an absurd price.

I don’t know what sort of space magic or blood pact Ross did to get me this many bearings for 60 bucks (I received 20 bearings- all Dif-E-Yos!). As he promised, they were the smoothest ones I’ve ever played.

The Mouse Pads are awesome, too! Grippy, but not excessively so.

In short, if you don’t buy this kit, you are seriously missing out. Support this dude.

18 Likes

Whew! I’'m a sucker for yoyo parts…

4 Likes

I got a kit from Hollywood modern yoyo’s, It came with 15 bearings. All the bearings were in great condition and increased spin time on my throws. Definitely worth it .
Not sure where you got the deluxe kit with the Dif-E-Yo bearings, will have to check again for that kit

The cool part is that you get access to tutorials from @Modern_yoyos .

6 Likes

To be frank 10 of them came unpackaged but they were all Dif-E-Yo. I included a pic of it on my IG sotry and tagged him in it so if he made a packaging mistake I’d be more than happy to give the spares back to him. Something felt non-standard about it but since it worked out in my favor I like it.

Edit: The c-tracks just looked like Dif-E-Yos to me until closer inspection. I still got 10 Dif-E-Yos instead of 5.

2 Likes

To be “Frank.” Dif-E-Yo. :nerd_face:

To get really nerdy, I thought I heard on the Kill Your Yoyo podcast that all the bearings are licensed Dif-e-yo bearings. But maybe it’s just the concave ones that are and the center-track aren’t patented or licensed. Either way, I’m sure all the bearings are highest quality and none are more deluxe than the others they sell.

5 Likes

I was wrong. 10 of them are just other nice bearings.

Either way I got more Dif-E-Yos than expected. 10 instead of 5 along with the 10 others. Not trying to be a liar. Just dumb

3 Likes

I’m not gonna lie, when I stumbled across that page awhile back I thought it was biggest scam and/or too good to be true lol. Now that I know it’s legit and the parts are quality I think I just may have to do this. My only other question is are the bearings somewhat quiet? I hate loud bearings man I’m sorry, I’d rather the throw be quiet than have more spin time

5 Likes

Yes, on the website it says " Peace of Mind: All Center Trac and Concave bearings are used with permission of YoyoFactory and Dif-E-Yo. I had to pay them (a lot) to include this bullet point."

6 Likes

Cool enough to pay the fee and joke about it. :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Yes the bearings are quiet.

4 Likes

My bearings literally just don’t make noise. Somebody hit the mute button on them

5 Likes

That’s what I like to hear (or not hear in this case). I have some old bearings that could use replacing or are just naturally loud no matter how many times you clean and lube them

2 Likes

This is such a good deal…. I need to get over my DS snobbery! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m working on the logo for the pads, we are indeed made of Space-Magic and Blood-Pacts.

Hope Ross n’ team can churn out more quality for y’all <3.

4 Likes

Awesome

4 Likes

FYI, I received a phishing call purportedly from my bank on my phone minutes after I placed my order. It stated that the transaction had been flagged by security. I went to the bank site directly and the transaction appeared to go through but it is still pending. I’ll follow up with further details. I do hope this is legit.

2 Likes

Ross is legit for sure, I know him IRL. Unfortunately his web design just looks a little… scammy… lmao

And yeah, that’s the only thing that’s stopping me haha… DS is ALL I can use, I’ve replaced all the bearings of the yoyos in my main case with em. They’re just too good, and I’ve tried EVERYTHING.

5 Likes

If I could quote @Grendel …. Word to your mother! Me too.

3 Likes

Ross is legit. He is the owner of Ilinx toys (now Hollywood Modern Yoyo) and has the ‘Kill Your Yoyo’ podcast where he interviews people like Patrick Dressel, Hunter Feuerstein, Erik Koloski, Doc Popular and Brandon Vu.

On his post he talks about how he recently had to make his website again after another brand told him he couldn’t keep his branding of Helix Throws. This is probably why the website looks unrefined, he needed to start over again.

If you are concerned about him being legit why don’t you send an email ross@modernyoyos.com or forum message @Modern_yoyos

8 Likes

Lollll, yep I definitely threw in some extra bearings which like, if anyone else orders from me don’t expect that but it may happen from time to time. Also planning on sponsoring nationals so if you want to support you can catch me and the team there :slight_smile: Now, I need to get a mod to help me change my yoyoexpert name…

10 Likes