Ben's First Parts Review: The Hollywood Modern Yoyos Deluxe Kit

I was wondering how to tag you here. No wonder i couldn’t find you

2 Likes

I’m good. Just minutes after placing the order, I got what is probably a fraudulent email that supposedly came from the bank. They intercepted my data somewhere.

According to my bank the charge is pending. Let me know if there are any problems let me know.

Thank you, Jeff

4 Likes

Our payments are processed through stripe which is secure on a website provider called ClickFunnels that’s also secure. I did receive your order earlier and got it sent out as well (Jeffery Greer I’m assuming). Could you forward the spam email to ross@modernyoyos.com? This is the first report of suspicious activity I’ve heard of and very much want to investigate and I’m going to report this to my website provider as well to be cautious but I’m confident this was a coincidence in timing. Please PM me or post here with any updates!

4 Likes

My bearings are 100% tested by the factory. Of course, there’s no such thing as a perfect testing system, but nearly every bearing will be perfect. I remember saving up to buy a Center Trac when I was about 13 years old. That one bearing cost me $15 and wasn’t perfect. I was extremely disappointed. You will not feel the way I did.

12 Likes

(Mind you I already thought you were legit and everything before searching) I went and looked through your Instagram and what not and you’re definitely not a shady person or a scammer by any stretch of the imagination. :joy: For real though I applaud your passion and commitment to quality. There really isn’t much worse than buying a pricier throw and having the bearing be mid/faulty/loud. Definitely hinders the experience and hype. Do you usually have a lot of inventory or is this a “once they’re gone they’re gone” kinda thing?

6 Likes

This is a deal that I plan to keep going perpetually. I just really want to see lots of quality bearings and pads in everyone’s hands! And there’s going to be people who question if the prices are sustainable. The short answer is that I’m currently making a profit, but whether it’s enough to stay in business at this price is still TBD. So I can say that for at least this first run of 100 packs I don’t plan on changing the price, though once I’ve sold 70 packs I’m going to be restocking on inventory so that I’ve always got goods on hand.

4 Likes

The charge for Modern Yoyos has cleared my bank and I received a shipment notification plus tracking info. So your transaction and company are definitely legit! Thank you!

I did not receive an email, it was a phone call that claimed to be from my bank’s security department and seemed very real. When they started asking for personal info, I quickly terminated the call and went directly to the bank. At this point, the phone call was definitely fraudulent. I just don’t know how scammers picked up the transaction info so quickly. It just two or three minutes after I placed the order.

Thank you for your help in this matter.
v/r
Jeff

7 Likes

Working in IT/cyber security all I can say is it’s absolutely insane how fast those scammers work and how smart (unfortunately using their knowledge for evil lol) they are

3 Likes

Just wanted to pop in and say I purchased this deal a few weeks ago when I first saw it here. Not only is it a GREAT deal but I am a fan of Ross and his amazing flowy style and wanted to support him.

Speaking of which I can’t believe nobody has mentioned the amazing resources you get electronically after you buy - a lot of REALLY in depth and thought provoking theory that has the potential to completely change how you think about trick and movement design.

Supreme value

4 Likes

Oh cool so you sell high end good bearings awesome man u located in hollywood haha i like what I see

2 Likes

I received my bonanza order from Hollywood Modern Yoyos today. Great service and quality. A lifetime supply (fore me).

PS. The broohaha over the fraudulent bank call regarding this transaction was just that. Hollywood is first rate and delivers the goods.

Thank you!

10 Likes

love your choice to use the word “broohaha” never seen it used online!

2 Likes

Bumping b/c I did end up changing the pricing. Its still the best deal around tho.

3 Likes