Benchmark Series 2013

It’s official. Benchmark series will drop:

12/13/13

Countdown coming soon!

You have made my morning sir.

The Thirteenth of Zeuscember, 2012! I’m down with this.

2 Likes

I totally just sat there for a second thinking “the 12th day of the 13th month?! Either André is having an off day or I’m being trolled.”…

Darn you guys and your swapping around of the months and days. DD/MM/YYYY just makes so much more sense…

I naturally write MM/DD/YY or MM/DD/YYYY :smiley: I guess that’s maybe just us weird Americans? ::slight_smile:

Yeah, Americans and their non-standard notations and measurements for everything. :wink:

I think the Rhubarb is calling you Greg…

1 Like

Does it come out midnight?

To be fair, there are 3 different methods of writing the date around the world:
Year/Month/Day - Canada, China, Japan
Day/Month/Year - Most of Europe, India, South America
Month/Day/Year - United States

I’m just going to stick to writing out the date in a way that everyone can understand - A fortnight minus one day of the final month in the third millennium and thirteen years (Gregorian calendar, of course). I think everyone can agree that’s MUCH clearer. :smiley:

this will be the 1st release i’ll be actually waiting for the countdown on. these are gonna go fast

Hope so! I like releases to be successful for their companies.

As an American, I gotta agree. I am not fully embracing the metric system, but I don’t have any hate for it. I do fully support a logical measurement system that isn’t some arbitrary system.

Now, when American finally converts, it will be rough for all us Americans, but we’ll survive and adapt.

It’s one world. It would be nice if we had some true world standards. Measurements, date format. I think currency might be too much to ask for.

One thing I do like is that yoyo dimensions are most often provided in metric. In my database, I have formulas to convert metric to “standard” and back so if I don’t have the measurements I want(metric), I can get it. However, if I’m converting one way, I might as well convert back. I have an area for metric(the main area) and another for “standard”.

Now, aside from the distractions pertaining to non-standards and back to the Benchmark series:

Since this series uses the same specifications for all 3 models, I’ve already expressed how such specs really tell very little of the yoyo itself. Since I plan to get all 3 shapes, it will be fun to compare them to each other. We will get to see how much shape and weight distribution really factor in to how a yoyo performs.

One thing I would like to inquire about, and I know the answer will most likely be “no”, would be getting a cross-section image of each model. I’m actually asking for my own personal interest purposes. I’m interested in designing my own yoyo at some point(kind of a cross between the Benchmark organic and V shapes). After I figure out which Benchmark I like best, I’d like to see how they are done in order to understand where the weight is placed. I think this will help me learn things and may influence my design.

Then again, this yoyo design project may never get off the ground either. I’m looking at a budget of $5000 towards this. I know that may be a bit high. I don’t intend a large run, and if a place like YYE won’t carry it, I’ll most likely just abandon the project before it really gets going. If there is sufficient demand, I wouldn’t mind developing a few more models and then calling it “quits” in a sense. I would just keep making the existing designs until it appears the demands have been met.

Regardless, this whole concept of really cost-effective an super high performance SE-enabled just in and of itself is great. With 3 shapes? Wow.

Didn’t want to get this lost in the above:

What colors are going to be available? I’m not going all one color, I want to break it up. I am already trying to figure out which color for which yoyo.

For anyone confused about the date…

They will be available in red, blue, and green. That goes for ‘each’ model.

2 Likes

That makes things easier. Decisions made. Thank you!

I want to get an Organic one.

So much hype about the H and V, I think the Organic looks best.

YESSSS!

Will there be a limit per order? Or can we order all three at once?

Can’t believe how fast these are being released after being announced, wow!

Was hoping for clear/silver and black/grey but blue is always a winner for me, and red works too. As much as I love me some fancy colorways I just realized that 7/8 yoyos on my desk that I’m throwing regularly are solid colors.

Prolly gonna hold off on picking one up for just a little bit to see how people feel about them but I’ll probably pick up an organic one. The H-shape is a possibility too. I’ll almost certainly pass on the V since I just have so many incredible V shaped yoyos already that it would take either an insane colorway or the realistic belief that I would find one that I like better than what I have for me to jump on one.