Behind in "Skill Level"

This is me for sure! I’ve been at it around 20 years with a few months on and off here and there. You would’nt know it if you seen me throw! :smiley:

It helps that I like slow and smooth style the best, all that fast tech stuff looks way too much the same. No offense intended. I just don’t care for blurry hands, string, and yoyo’s.

No interest in competing, so throwing is for me is the joy I get from it. I really dig all the 1a stuff, fixed axle (wood and heavier wheels Duncan’s all on type 10 cotton,) responsive (looking at you Fat kitty Walter and deshielded and thick lubed freehand 2 on fat kitty,) and unresponsive (alpha clash on fat kitty mostly!)

I just love bombing anything around an having fun with what I know. Every now and then I’ll learn something new… But it’s not often I go looking! I’m still stuck on getting a smooth and consistent boing boing!!! :frowning:

I know that feel. I throw for fun and I know a lot of tricks but sometimes I feel like I’m not getting anywhere – then posts like this remind me it’s all just for fun. So now I’m going to try to learn some new tricks.

I create my own stuff, because saying “I made this,” is easier than “I am doing this ridiculously simple combo I found on YouTube.”