Beginners Journey

June was a busy Month! School Ending for the kids, mini family vacation.

We ended up going to Mission Bay in San Diego for 4 days. A close friend brought his boat and we had a lot of fun fishing in Mission Bay. For the Trip, I took my YYF Grind Machine. This has been on my hip this month wherever I go.

Would do a drift of fishing, and throw a little during repositioning. Was fun having some fishing discussions with Mr. Charlie (@GnarlyCharlie ) about fishing for Spotted Bay Bass during the trip too.

We made a spontaneous trip to Sea World. The Grind Machine made it through the Metal Detectors. I had intended on throwing a little bit in the park, but it was too busy.

Part of this past month has been playing with making yoyo’s responsive. Mr. Steve (@Slestak75 ) started this thread. This is a great resource for those that want to jump down a rabbit hole. Links to where to get items are there. Part of this past month was waiting for most of these parts to arrive.

I received; Stainless Steel Axels, Shims, Half Spec Bearings, D-size bearing blanks, 3mm wide D Bearings, Clear Silicone, and Ultra Grey Silicone.

Hybrid Fluvia Half Spec - (2) .010 Shims and a Half Spec C Bearing. This has been a really fun throw. It has replaced my Arrow and Sage for 1A Practice.

Recess Snack Half Spec - (2) .010 Shims and a Half Spec C Bearing. This is a really fun undersize throw.

I enjoyed the tinkering and will find others to mess around with.

Had an Awesome pickup on the BST. Spinworthy POM Knack - at the time of this post only 1 of 2 in existence. Such a fun and unique throw.

I also completed my first Yoyo trade. It was a fun experience. @BassistDotNerd thank you for trusting me on my first trade.

The kids are enjoying summer;

My Son is back to being hooked on Minecraft. So Screen Time reigns supreme when he earns his electronics time. I feel like I have come full circle to where we started last November. The dilemma is do I “Require” string time before screen time? I would like him to play yoyo more but don’t what to force it.

My Daughter always has at least one yoyo on here. She carries her YoyoFactory Arrow in the Paracord Sling she made, attached to her little purse. She also carries a Pink Duncan Butterfly in her purse. She still is inspiring to me. She is content just throwing Gravity Pulls wherever she goes, whenever she wants. While she knows several tricks, and will bust them out for others when asked, she is content just throwing.

Have Fun

12 Likes