Beater by CLYW - Signature Model for YoYo Master Steve Brown!

Been waiting a long time for this one! Got a silver :smile:

2 Likes

I was on the fence about getting another yoyo, but the design looks really beautiful and that purple… So I ordered one. :blush:

5 Likes

I just wish it was priced like a beater…

4 Likes

quote=“TryCatchThrow, post:23, topic:363491, full:true”]
I just wish it was priced like a beater…
[/quote]

Everyone who said “No” to buying for this reason should quote this.

I mean if this forum crowd forced OD to another run of the Top Deck, we should be able to crowd force a message back to CLYW too.

Right?

maybe it costs more to design a yoyo that can actually take a beating for the life of it? there’s no shortage of $20 yoyos that can be used as consumable beaters. just another perspective, having the beater in hand it is stout

3 Likes

I have no doubt the cost is appropriate for what it takes to make the throw, I more just think it’s funny that it’s called the beater but carries a premium price.

Also I really want one but feel priced out.

3 Likes

The name and price are definitely a little amusing, but I mean beating stuff just happens when you’re playing 5A. If you’ve never played 5A with a really nice yoyo, you’re definitely missing out imo. Highly encouraging everybody who grabs one to string up the log on it and give it a go.

7 Likes

Yeah. I was a bit surprised as well. I was expecting it to be priced like the ditch.
I guess its the macbook approach? Its expensive but built like its supposed to last?

2 Likes

It has a $10 log counterweight packaged with it. It’s a 7075 beefy construction made to take a beating and keep on tunking.

I don’t see any problems with the pricing here and for the performance, I believe this is top notch.

I have a clear/silver. My only regret is not getting a purple too. It’s SOO nice in person.

5 Likes

I’m hopeful the gold will last to the next sale. There are still gold RBCs from the first run in stock on YYE, so it seems the color isn’t overly popular, but I’m a fan.

3 Likes

$99 for a signature model made from 7075 isn’t too bad. It’s definitely a premium level yoyo. I also don’t think Steve has a price limit on what he won’t treat as a beater lol. Just ordered a purple one, can’t wait to compare it to the prototype!

14 Likes

The beater isn’t a cheap design just to beat up, it’s a well designed yoyo that can really withstand a beating and perform exceptionally.

I’ve been throwing the beat up purple Beater from the photos for a couple weeks and it’s still glass smooth after all the beating it took. And it took some serious hits to get it looking just right for the photo! :joy:

11 Likes

If;…… I only had more money>

I would buy a Tour Bus and convert it into an Oxygen Bar.

Then I would drive around the Country picking up an entire bus load of you crybabies.

I’m telling ya…. You all need more Oxygen. It has to improve your thinking, logic, rationality, and hopefully something else.

$99 is Peanuts for this offering. A seriously excellent playing yo-yo built like a Tank…. That doesn’t even feel anything like a tank. It is a beautiful design that is built to ‘Take a Beating’ which can be an obvious result of practicing 5A. Nobody said you are supposed to beat the crap out of it as part of the purchase agreement. And nobody said you are even supposed to only play 5A with it. You don’t have to feel compelled to man up and BEAT the Beater because of the name.

A great, powerful, long spinning, very stable, superb machine work, excellent anodization, top ergonomic feel, rolls off the string like butta, binds well, perfect weight, 7075, etc……<> for $100 including FREE shipping…. And is the 1St CLYW signature model of the Original 5A Gangsta himself himself, ‘Unkle Stevie’.

You guys are certainly reading too much into the name, lol.

They should of named it the Porsche. Then people would be jumping on it because Who wouldn’t pay a C Note for a Porsche?

I understand A-rt is the subject of some controversy but I seemed to recall… if memory serves, that Charles and Jensen can sell out a batch of whatever they put up in a day or less…. ALWAYS well over $100 and not even through Yoyoexpert. Pull the trigger/watch the mail.

It doesn’t matter what they name them, they post up, they sell out all over the planet.

All the guys posting on this forum that are now ‘Yo-yo Company’s’ advertise on this forum pretty much for FREE. ALL THE boutique string makers that Andre just lets slide as they advertise their wares. All the money that gets directed to sites and stores other than YYE. Andre seems to be willing to put up with all the Shinanigans that don’t make a penny for him while providing a nice Forum for all of us to use and misuse, etc.

And….CLYW(unlike many others) is fair and willing to not only sell direct but run a good sized batch through Yoyoexpert so Andre can actually participate in helping pay his own overhead for running this Circus of Violin players.

And several of you actually have the audacity to Wish for discount codes, fingers crossed about which colorway sells the slowest so they can save some money at a future ‘Off Retail sale?

Pretty sad… I should have just bought the entire batch so you guys could have something else to cry about.

I wish they would have just made the Beater out of Titanium. At least that would have priced the whiners out of contention.

Oh, by the way> Yoyoexpert is selling a New yo-yo! Probably the Best yo-yo you have yet to throw. It’s from CLYW… it’s Called the Beater. But don’t let the name fool you. This yo-yo is a top shelf Organic Powerhouse that is built to take a Hit(if it happens now and again). Priced very reasonably and competitively with other top rated organic, you will get well more than you pay for.

At $99 including FREE SHIPPING, only small minds and thin wallets stand in your way.

A yo-yo built to stand the test of wear over time.

You guys Kill me…

Cry less, support Yoyoexpert more…

10 Likes

100% agree. One of the best releases of the year priced quite reasonably against G2, A-RT and even OD themselves. Includes a sweet enamel pin and a $10 counterweight.

I love mine I’m just trying to convince myself I don’t need that sweet sweet purp. I got my clear at Nats it was the one throw I was looking most forward to picking up and I’ve been in love with it since. It’s like a Grail and a Chief and a Canvas all had a baby.

5 Likes

Just snagged a purple. I actually wasn’t going to pick one up but this thread made me do it. Or at least that’s what I’m going to tell myself, so I can feel better about giving into the temptation and clicking “place order.”

9 Likes

I already said I wasn’t arguing the value of the Beater; it looks awesome! I simply verbalized wishing it was less expensive because the cost is putting it out of reach of a purchase decision for me today.

And I really would like if yo-yos hang around in stock in certain colors for a while. I hate that every throw sells out so fast. Drop day is not always yo-yo buying day for me, and it’s disappointing when those things don’t align and you miss out on the color you really wanted or the throw entirely.

9 Likes

The “audacity” to wish for something? Good lord, dude. This reads like a cranky, poorly-edited, and poorly thought out ad for YYE. Calling people “crybabies” is a terrible way to promote or provide perspective on a company that you want to do well, especially when the most egregious offense committed is wishing a yoyo was a little cheaper. Take a chill pill, lol.

6 Likes

Your response is certainly no surprise to me. Anybody that regularly reads this forum knows you don’t care for me or my style of thinking or writing or humor or lack, thereof. You can go literally for days or even longer without posting a single word on this forum. But if I post up something…. Bamn…. There you are.

The only thing that kinda bothers me(somewhat), is that ‘We are both Terminally left handed’ both that must be the only thing we have in common, lol.

Anybody that actually ‘knows me’, would have zero doubt that I could ‘buy the whole batch’. That is chump change to me. I said that to make a point, not to prove I would be actually dumb enough to do just that. But, in no way was I stating something beyond my ‘means’. Your challenging me seems dimwittedly bold considering you won’t even buy ‘1’ without a discount.

You seem to be more comfortable talking smack than stepping up.

Keep talking… music to my ears.

….poorly etc…….

I got news for you. My opinion is not any attempt to advertise for YYE. I don’t work for or rep for YYE.

You need to remove the emotion from any equation in order to grasp the reality of the point.

If…. Obviously more than an if at this juncture, you can’t or are unwilling to comprehend what I was relating in my post, than further details would also fall on deaf ears.

Your opinion is welcome… it’s your opinion. But that being said, your lack of willingness to understand the reality of my explanation is not a problem for me.

But, thanks for speaking up. Nothing wrong with not agreeing with my opinion.

1 Like

You’ve got quite an ego on you, sir. The only thing I am not willing or able to comprehend here is a diatribe on logic and emotionless reasoning from the guy who just wrote an essay about two of the comments in this thread.

Hope you have a great day, doc.

4 Likes