Beater by CLYW - Signature Model for YoYo Master Steve Brown!

Beater-Extra

Description from CLYW:

Some things are worth the wait!

The Beater is the first CLYW signature model for U.S. National YoYo Master Steve Brown (@unklesteve), and the first organic we’ve produced with our double-rim design.

Beater-Purple-1 Beater-Purple-2

Manufactured with 7075 aluminum for extra durability, the Beater was designed to be fat, smooth, and fun and hold up to the kind of abuse that Steve so famously puts his return tops through. From Walking the Dog on concrete to creating foundational counterweight tricks that required you to throw the return top at a wall, Steve has always punished his equipment and the Beater is built to take it.

Beater-Extra2

The Beater box and pin art features Steve’s first car: a 1982 Honda Accord that survived two floods, poor maintenance practices, several hurricanes, and four people all getting food poisoning at the same time.

It plays good, and it’ll take a hit. Comes with a LOG counterweight.

24 Likes

I just have to add I have been throwing this since Nationals and WOW it has definitely become one of my all time favorites. It has such a unique feel to it (I have always been a fan of inner rim design like the classic Chief) - and mixing this with organic shape and 7075 aluminum gives it this stable yet floaty feel with classic/comfortable shape that hits just right. One of the first true organic shapes that can really take whatever you throw at it too thanks too that inner cut out too at the gap. It’s super fun.

20 Likes

This really is such a fantastic throw. The root beer colorway is so good.

2 Likes

I dont need another. I dont. Do I?

4 Likes

I’ve been needing a new clear organic to fill a spot on my shelf…

3 Likes

is the cup convex or flat?

1 Like

gap width looks incredibly tight according to the specs ;]

3 Likes

It’s convex. And the gap doesn’t feel too tight to me. In fact, I put a Zipline prestige string on it which is fairly thick string.

3 Likes

the specs say 0.0mm, was just making a joke. the gap looks totally normal lol

also thanks for confirmation about the convext cup, thats super helpful!

2 Likes

Ha, I missed that!

1 Like

If there’s any left by the time I get paid I’m picking one up. I wish half swaps were available. I do love a good half swap. If anyone wants to trade halves once I get one that would be great :+1:

2 Likes

YYE will do it for you if you have someone who is willing to order the halfswap with you. one of you orders one color, the other orders the second color and they’ll swap/tune them for you before shipping. @adamantiumpops and I did that with the Ditch.

5 Likes

id be interested in doing a rootbeer/silver swap or purple/silver. I too need to wait a couple days as i just bought a bunch of yoyos lol

1 Like

The Beater is without a doubt a future classic organic. I love it so much I bought two! I echo all of Andre’s sentiments. Def grab one if you can :+1:

13 Likes

I played his beater at DXL, and I wish I hadn’t because now I want to play with it more .

Baha I made a funny but seriously was pretty fun to play.

5 Likes

Root beer and silver sounds great!

3 Likes

FYI, these are live now!

5 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hey beater beater beater, Schwing beater beater beater.

2 Likes

Got mine ordered!

2 Likes