bearing wont come out

i habe a hubstacked genesis and the bearing just wont come out. i have the multi tool thing and ive tried everything to pull on it but it wont budge. anyone havr any ideas on how to get it out?

I’m finding this to be a problem I am experiencing, except for me it was on a Meteor.

Anyhow, try the bearing tool more0. Move a bit MORE back and forth/side to side. Otherwise, you might consider using a suitable pair of pliers and go that route.

1 Like

Put the throw in the freezer for a solid 20 minutes and then try.

I have that problem with my MVP.

Does that really work?

Freezing it works because the metals retract when they get colder and the aluminum will retract more than the steel of the bearing.

I did it on my DV888, neither my roommate or I could get it off with pliers. After I froze it I could basically pull it off with my fingers.

does it make it easy to get it out forever? or do you have to freeze it every time you want to get the bearing out?

The freezer trick isn’t perminant the metals will go back to there original size after they warm up.

1. put it in the freezer as other have said
  2. removal tool moar
  3. if removal tool doesn’t work, try the string trick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ9lAP_pVxQ
  4. if that doesn’t work, pliers
  5. if that STILL doesn’t work, contact the store you got it from. If you just got it recently, then they should be able to get the bearing out, or replace it.
  6. contact yyf. They’ll either get it out, or replace the yoyo.

i just tried the string trick and it stayed in the half it was stuck in…and cut the string up

the freezer wont mess with the pads right?

heat makes metal come closer, cold makes metal expand so the pads would be a little lose but just leave it will go back to normal or you will need to change just gamble

heat makes metal come closer, cold makes metal expand so the pads would be a little lose but just leave it will go back to normal or you will need to change just gamble
[/quote]
heat makes metal expand…

heat makes metal expand…
[/quote]
yea i get that messed up there is like a 95% your pads wont get messed up just do it

It doesn’t retract enough to damage the pads. Besides, the pads aren’t a perfect fit.

Well, and also, the pads are more of a flexible material and will tolerate the temperature changes. The only thing I’d worry about is the adhesive for it, but the odds are that the temperature swings between slightly below freezing to over 100-Degrees F will not be sufficient to cause the adhesive to fail. It COULD happen but then you can just silicone it or replace the pads.