Bearing wears quickly

I got two arctic circles for christmas. (One was backup for the talent show and whatever competitions I do. I’m doing VA state this month my first competition so excited) The bearing on one of my arctic circles is chasing around the axle already. The bearing on my protostar did the same thing after a month so I replaced and it worked perfectly. Any help on why it wore down so quickly on my arctic circle? Nothing is stuck in it it spins well if I take it out and do it by hand. On a side note I am struggling with whips i have yotricks polyester string. Would better string help and if so what type?

What exactly do you mean by this? If you are saying that the bearing is switching which side of the yo-yo it is stuck to when you unscrew it, then you don’t have a problem. Just keep throwing.

Sorry I wasn’t very clear. By chasing around the axle I meant that when I hop it up to grind or something it will loosely wrap around the axle. If it gets enough time it will come back to my hand.

Sounds like it is just getting a little responsive. Give it a cleaning.

2 Likes

I would recommend starting out with some thin lube on a brand new bearing.

Bearing maintenance is probably the most frustrating thing in the world when starting out. I know I used to get so mad when my bearings died. Just have to keep your yoyos clean and try a lot of different things until you find a setup that works for you. YoYoExpert has some great tips on bearing maintenance, just fire them off an email.

1 Like

After cleaning it, lube it. Be warned, too much lube will make it more responsive.