Bearing noise

I Have several YYJ bearings. Cleaned them in mineral spirit, I tried no oil and a tiny bit of oil. They are still very noisy. Spin time is good, non response is good, but very noisy, like loose bearing balls flying inside.
Can this be fixed or do I need to buy new one ,?smaybe YYf bearings?

Play with them for a while. Maybe add one drop after a little while and things could very well be fixed. If now, how important is it that they’re quiet?

when i got my new breed it was extremely loud but after a couple days of playing and some thin lube it was for the most part quite.

1 Like

make sure the bearing is broken in!!! :wink:

My stock YYJ was noisy too. If it plays good and aint wakin the neighbors then who cares, right?

It’s probably just breaking in, so just play with it. Also you should try the thin lube if you didn’t use that. The link is here: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/58/YYJ-Lube It’s the thin lube.

In my experience that’s how a non-responsive bearing is. Especially w/no oil. A tiny bit doesn’t quiet them much. As above thin lube will probably quiet them down. You can use more of it than say brain lube, for example.

Have a Dv888 with long spins and no noise thanks to a 10 bearing .
In the HIT MAN the original bearing became very loud, like very lose bearing . I cleaned it , lubed with thin oil, still very loud. The shields are off. Will replace with a new one soon…

My YYJ Speed bearings often start off very quiet then suddenly become very noisy. I take off the shields, drop it in mineral spirits, shake it for a looong time, turn the bearing for a while with some needle nose pliers in the mineral spirits, remove it, put it on a pencil eraser, and blow it dry with a can of air. Usually it becomes quiet again. It worked with my HM Pro bearing this week. Sometimes it doesn’t and I either try again or give up.

Loud is fine. Loose is fine. If it’s still spinning fine, no need to get a new one.

1 Like