bearing help!

I have a Centre Trac bearing that once i spin it, it just spin for less than 5 seconds. And i already try to lube it, but it’s still the same and become more responsive. What happen to my CT and how can i do a maintenance in it?? Please help. I’m sorry if my english is bad…Thanks…

1: Either you play with it for a few days and it become unresponsive over time.

2: instead of playing with it you could clean it out with paint thinner then add a tiny drop of thin lube.

Do the number one. Simply play with it and after a few days it should be good to go.

ok thanks, but why the CT bearing spin only for less than 5 seconds??

I have the same problem with my CT.I have played with it for about 2 weeks , but nothing.I think that there something stuck inside.So I would recommend to clean it.

When you first got the bearing was it spinning longer? If so, then it probably needs to be cleaned.

yap, when first i got my CT, it’s very smooth, but now it’s very noisy and doesn’t spin longer than before, i have clean it so many times, but the result is the same…

Have you tried removing the bearing shields when you clean it? If you have, and there’s nothing in there, then you may have a dead bearing.

yap, i always remove the shields when i clean it…wow, what should i do if i have a dead bearing??

funeral?

How long have you had the bearing? I’m almost positive (I could still be wrong though) that it’s not dead. It just doesn’t happen overnight.

Lol.

hahahaha, is that the only way?? LOL…

I’ve on two occasions had bearings go from playing fine to dead. One of the times, I opened the yoyo and the piece inside the bearing that holds the bearing balls in place had come off. The other time, it just wouldn’t spin any longer - it was old, but it did go from fine to dead in the course of one throw. In any event, like Apetrunk asked, how long have you had it?

i had my CT bearing for 5 months and i think this accident happen for 2 months ago

Well, unless you’re yoyoing underwater, I really don’t think the bearing is dead (although it would be possible). Try cleaning it for 5-10 minutes in mineral spirits, deshielded, blow it with compressed air to dry it, and then put one drop of lube and play with it. It’ll be somewhat responsive at first, but should be fine after a week or so.

1 Like

Apetrunk’s advice is the best thing you can do to fix the bearing. You can even soak it in mineral spirits overnight to see if that helps. And be sure you get the bearing totally dry of mineral spirits before you lube it or put it back in your yoyo. If that doesn’t work, then your next step is to try a new bearing.

1 Like

ok, i’ll try it, thanks for the advice…