HELP PLEASE! I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING

Hello Yoexperts. PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS: I cleaned my bearing last sunday and I just noticed something yesterday, my SPEED Bearing has become RESPONSIVE. Yes, you read it right. RESPONSIVE. What should I do to make it unresponsive again? Please help because this is the first time that this happened to me. All help will be very appreciated. Thanks!

Step One: Turn off the caps.

Step Two: Calm down. It’s a toy and this is not an emergency.

Step Three: Use the search function this forum is equipped with. This has happened to pretty much everyone here.

Sheesh.

1 Like

Sorry ;D Thanks!

Disappointed, I cleaned it 2 times and nothing happened. It’s still responsive. Should i replace my bearing?

How are you cleaning it? Some specifics needed to help you out.

Already cleaned it 4 times. I still cant do whips, got hit 2 times in the face while trying to do plastic whip because the yoyo always comes back to my hand.

I clean my bearings like this (from Studio42):

1: It’s the bearing. Clean it out.

A: use paint thinner. We call this “mineral spirits” here. Fresh stuff, not something previously used. Acetone is great, or I find it to be better, but don’t use nail polish remover stuff, which contains stuff good for skin and nails but BAD for bearings. Lighter fluid(for fires) is also commonly used. I don’t use lighter fluid, but others do with great results.

B: Remove the shields. This will require a pin to pop the clip out. There’s videos on how to do this. It can be tricky at first, but you’ll get it no problem. Save the clips and the shields in case you want to replace them. I recommend replacing them. Some people recommend leaving them out.

B: Place the solvent of your choice in a small glass container(preferably a glass jar with a lid) and place the bearing inside. Soak, shake to agitate(that’s why you need the lid). At least 15 minutes of soak.

C: Remove the bearing(s) from the solvent. Dry on a paper towel or newspaper(non-glossy). BLOW OUT after 15 minutes. Spin, blow, spin, blow. You can use a bike pump or compressed air as well.

D: Lube very sparingly. Dip a needle(same one you used to remove the shields) in the lube, touch that to 2 balls in the bearing. Spin for 10 seconds(at least), see how that does it for you.

^ ^ ^
| | |

I cant quote because these steps is on another thread

How long have you tried to play it? Might just need to throw it longer.

I have played it for about 5 hours, including yesterday when I started to notice it.

I also noticed that it vibrates. What should I do to solve this?

Haha, looks like Waylon is a bit cranky when he’s on the forums at 5:30 am :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’ve already tried cleaning it multiple times with no results, you might have a dud bearing. I always make a point to have several spare bearings on hand in case this ever happens.

As soon as I saw the topic, I was 100% sure it was about a bearing.

2 Likes

Just cranky when I see all caps and exclamation points and helplessness when answers are a few calming clicks away.

Did you ever consider that this may be a life or death situation?

If Rygar’s yoyo stopped working, it’d be game over for him.

So you’re saying that I should replace the bearing?

Yes. He’s saying that if you’ve tried cleaning it multiple times and are confident it was good and clean, you need to swap in a new bearing.

Ha!