Bearing Flick Time

Hi guys,recenetly I siliconed my Protostar and cleaned its bearing. However now the bearing flick time has gone from 11-16 seconds to 6-9 seconds. Here are some of my theories but I still don’t know what to do.
I got some silicone get in the bearing gap.
I damaged the spacer(maybe bearing) while trying to seperate them.
I didn’t put the axle in right.
I’m running it dry (been only 4-5 days since)

Please help me fix this problem. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jiknm

Any advice guys?

As long as the bearing doesn’t have that “crunchy” sound when it spins, and it spins freely, your bearing is fine. Flicks times don’t necessarily govern the performance of yo-yos.

1 Like

Well sometimes it does give a werid crunchy noise and I can feel the whole yoyo vibrate when it does

Then there’s probably tiny amounts of silicone in the bearing seat.

The weird thing is that its a Protostar so the bearing doesn’t go directly into the bearing seat o.O

In the future, take the bearing off the yoyo if possible before you silicone it. Then you wont have the problem again. Your situation happened to me once too. The bits of silicone “grind away” over time. So just keep throwing long sleepers to wear it away. :wink:

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with it.

Have you tried cleaning it yet? The same thing happened to me and all I did was clean it then run it dry for about a week then put a small drop of thin lube on the bearing (do not use the drop on a needle method) and play for about a day with it being responsive. When I flick my bearing now, it spins for like 20 seconds.