bearing(adapded deffect)please help!!!

my boss just bacame responsive and i checked the bearing and when i give it a nice hard flick it will spin smoothly for one second,vibrate then die out.do i need to clean my bearing or is there something else wrong?please help!!!

Washing would probabaly make it less responsive or do nothing. Use some 3 in 1 oil on it.

what about paint thiner.its the same thing as mineral spirits.that would work,right?

You said it vibrates and dies? That’s because you aren’t flicking it straight. Flick it less hard and see what happens.

Mineral spirits is a paint thinner, paint thinner isn’t mineral spirits. I don’t see why you can’t just get mineral spirits, but yes regular paint thinner will work as long as it doesn’t contain water.

1 Like

okay,i cleaned all of my C-sized bearings(they all had the same defect)and they are still a bit responsive.when i clean them should i let them sit and soak,or should i leave them in for about 30 seconds(wich i did).if i should let them soak,how long should i do it for.also after i clean them should i lube them?they seemed a little dry.

Shake for one minute. Did you use a container that was not glass? If so, it might have put some gunk in your bearing. Also, you put a needle drop of lube on one bearing.

If more than 2 or 3 have the same problem, wouldn’t that make you think it’s really not the bearings? Try flicking them less hard like I said before for the reason that I stated earlier.

For cleaning, it’s recommended you leave it in a glass container, deshielded, for 5-10 minutes. Then blow it out with compressed air or blowing with your mouth while it’s on the end of a pen/pencil. (Make sure not to blow the wrong way. The writing end should be pointing towards you so the bearing doesn’t go flying.) Then lightly lube and you should be set for quite a while.

They seem dry because they are. That’s part of the idea behind cleaning.