BATTLE OF THE UNDERSIZED!!!!!!!!

BATTLE OF THE UNDERSIZED- HITMAN PRO, BASSBOOST AND YUUKSTA!!!

This is a comparison of 3 of my favorite yoyos, the yyj hitman pro, dti bassboost and the yyf yuuksta. First lets start out with some specs:

Bassboost:
Diameter: 50.0 mm / 1.96 inches
Width: 41.6 mm / 1.64 inches
Gap Width: 4.0 mm / .148 inches
Weight: 65 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: Silicone Pad

Hitman Pro:
Diameter: 50.72 mm / 2.00 inches
Width: 41.33 mm / 1.63 inches
Gap Width: 4.18 mm / .16 inches
Weight: 66.0 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
YYJ SPEED Bearing
Response: YoYoJam Silicone O-Ring
Comaptible W/ CBC SLIM Pad

Yuuksta:
Diameter: 50.0 mm / 1.96 inches
Width: 39.0 mm / 1.54 inches
Weight: 65 grams
Response: CBC Slim Pad
by Central Bearing Co.
Bearing Size: CBC SPEC Bearing
Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)

Alright, so all three yoyos are undersized and the hitman pro is only a hair wider then the yuuksta and bassboost. However, in terms of play, i would say the bassboost feels the widest and the HP almost feels like the yuuksta. I find that the bassboost is very easy to land on the string and does not take away from the speed, but it does tend to start rotating at lower speeds. Not a problem if you have a good straight throw, but not exactly beginner friendly.

As far as weight goes, the yuuksta definitly feels the heaviest. The bassboost is full aluminium, but still feels a lot like a plastc/metal hybrid like the HP. The HP is very fast and great for techinical tricks, same as the bassboost. The yuuksta likes to play a little bit slower, but honestly thats more the yoyoer then the yoyo. I find that scince the bassboost feels the widest, it also tends to be easier to play fast with. However, sometimes that width can get in the way and you can accidentally hit strings you dont mean too.

Something unusuall about the bassboost is that, eve though my edition is raw, it is still very grindable. An anodized yoyo such as the yuuksta is still better for grinds, but you can still pull off grinds going up and down your arm, and staying perched on your fingers for seconds withought losing the ability to bind tightly. The HP isnt terrible for grinds, but for a yoyo made by JD, one of the pioneers of grinding, it didnt really live up to my expectations. Not necessarily bad, just something to keep in mind.

For the visuall aspect, all three are good looking throws. The giant rims on the HP look good, and the yoyo dosent seem to have any defects. The pollished look of the bassboost starts out nearly mirror, but over time turns fingerprinted and the raw alluminium shows through. Lastly, the acid wash of the yuuksta came out great, but on my black acid wash edition, there seems to be almost no acid wash. I contacted YYE about it when i first got my yuuksta and they said YYF realeased several different versions of each color and that due to the machining process, every one looks different. I decided that i like the black look and decided to stick with it, but just know that it may not be how it looks in the picture.

Some pics:

1 Like

sweet review

Nice to see a review with actual thoughts and comparisons. Personally, I haven’t felt the need to buy a new yo since I got the yuuksta the first day it was released.

Great review! Though cant say they god compare to POPstar.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.yoyoz.co.uk/catalog/images/popstar-yoyo.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.yoyoz.co.uk/catalog/index.php/yoyo-factory-m-11%3Fpage%3D3%26sort%3D0a&usg=__ghsD9dK3Zcb_HNiaGhJwKV-40sM=&h=700&w=700&sz=133&hl=en&start=0&sig2=vQFL4TiS9Rt21L6xbiAZHg&zoom=1&tbnid=HnR48Gf6yeHJnM:&tbnh=145&tbnw=160&ei=NPFBTbqILZD3gAfB6LTSAQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpopstar%2Byoyo%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D578%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=136&vpy=69&dur=1494&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=143&ty=132&oei=NPFBTbqILZD3gAfB6LTSAQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

what about DV888 ???

haha i have a dv888 but i tried to satin it and it didnt work very well, plus it was my first yoyo so its all beat up. The dv888 plays alot like the yukksta tho

Bassboost looks nasty, I need to try one out