Bassalopes at YYE?

From Cariboublog: http://www.cariboublog.com/?p=1828

http://www.youtube.com/v/hJq9DjK9oUM&h

To celebrate where the Bassalope came from we decided to do a run of Bassalopes with the original artwork that Justin Weber did that inspired the name Bassalope, for Mr. Sebastian “Sea-Bass” Brock.

Photos by Natasha Paterson

These yoyos will be available at YoYoExpert and our store for $90 each, but only the ice blue ones will be available at YoYoExpert. The first launch will be at our store starting tonight at 11pm mountain standard time.

Unfortuantely there is a small issue with the Bassalopes we received with this run. Some of you may have noticed that there was a bit of a price drop. It’s due to a small tiny dent that was created by the machining process. It does not affect play and you really have to look hard to find them. We figured that this definitely deserves a price break though. See circled area in the photo below. The mark is in the same place on each half, with only one per half.

[quote=""]

Who cares!!! IM STILL GETTING ONE…LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
IT STILL LOOKS SUPER HOT DOESN’T IT

~Mr. GOrRilLA

So does anyone know how the Bassalope plays compared to other metals like the Boss, DV888, 888 or any of the others? I’m sure it’s plenty good, but just wanting to know how it compares.

When it comes down to metals, they are all generally good. It is based off of preference when you get to high-quality yoyos.

I agree most metals out there perform excellent…its a matter of look, feel, and prefrence…

bassalope performs great and like samad said, preference

And this is seriously a great bargain! A lot of advanced players say that the Bassalope is the best yoyo of all-time (plus anything related to Justin Weber is awesome).

i would absolutely be on top of these if i had the money

Yep… A bassalope for $90…whats to lose…I might snatch one myself…

~gorrilla yo

I don’t know how many of you have actually played with one but I must say that these are superior to peaks, Woolys’, and BvM’s. They are the best yoyo I have ever thrown! I suggest you get one and be amazed!

I think the ice blue looks the best anyway!

i heard ice blue only had 5 produced.
may be a rumor

1 Like

I think Andre would have a problem with only being able to sell 5 of them. I bet its 50.

What time Eastern Time?

quote from http://www.cariboublog.com/?p=1828

Chris Says:
October 9th, 2009 at 2:45 pm

We only did 5 of the ice blue. The dents are seriously barely noticeable.

Wow. Oh well!

hopefully that was a typo ;D

2 more hrs

No type there. There were seriously only 4 being sent to YYE and 1 to Sebby.

Totally scoring one.

So that’s like a double typo?

I couldn’t refrain…

1 Like

[quote=“icthus,post:9,topic:7302”]
I don’t know how many of you have actually played with one but I must say that these are superior to peaks, Woolys’, and BvM’s. They are the best yoyo I have ever thrown! I suggest you get one and be amazed!

I think the ice blue looks the best anyway!
I agree