Basketball

For the past few days, we’ve been having basketball tryouts for my town travel team (6th and 7th grade, me being a 7th grader). Out of almost 100 kids, I was one of 13 to be chosen for the team. All who didn’t make it got to play on in town teams that play against each other. I’m about 5 feet and 10 inches, so I’m most likely center.

So, anyone else here big into basketball?

I’m on a team, I don’t play much. :stuck_out_tongue:

I play one of the wings. :stuck_out_tongue:

No me gusta jugar el baloncesto.

I’m not that great at shooting with my hands, so I’ll just stick with soccer.

Kinda wanted to play it but I’ll probably be terrible at it. haha

Not me, hockey players naturally suck at basketball.

How come

I’m guessing it’s because hockey players are always looking down.

I am big into basketball ;D Tryin’ out for my school team in a few weeks, probably be a 4. I am also in 7th grade lol. Any tips? I almost made it last year, but I did not do well in scrimmages :wink:

Well, all I can say is hustle. That’s all my coach really looked for. Also, don’t get upset when you miss a shot or make a mistake; basically show good sportsmanship. Just show what you got (espicially the fundamentals), work hard, and make sure to do your best. Good luck! ;D

No, you have to keep your head up otherwise you are gonna get nailed.

I’ve got a pretty solid game in basketball.

Don’t do anything fancy unless you have your fundamentals down. No matter what you play, get good at outside shots. (I was a post and I could drain 3’s all day) Look for your teammates. Hustle. Think.

Seriously, get your fundamentals down pat. It bugs me to see kids wanting to dunk when they can’t even sink a lay up.