Bad Customer Service from YoYoFactory

Thats pretty cool!!

Also I want to say thank you to Patrick for helping me with this issue and setting it right.

I’ve had 22 YYF yoyos. No problems yet except for one and that was my fault.

My experience with YYF customer service has been great, actually. I got a ROCKstar with a dud bearing. YYF sent me not only a replacement flat bearing but also a center trac and a couple of replacement pads.

I had the most amazing customer service from yyf. A year ago my 44’s bearing was completely stuck so I sent it in. When I got it back, they had included 3 bearings, a holder, a bearing remover, and a bunch of other cool stuff. Ever since then I’ve never hesitated on a yyf product.

It’s a bit late for all that.

My yuuksta, superg and genesis when I got them all had tight bearing seats. I destroyed my CT that I had in my super g but I will admit that it was my fault not taking my time to remove the bearing properly and slowly. Now I am in no way supporting yoyofactory or taking anything away, but all my emails have never been answered ever and alot of their yoyos have tight bearing seats but that being said there is some reason to this maddness.

With those tight bearing seats though it make the yoyo very smooth when you first get it, over time depending on how much you unscrew the yoyo and how many times you change the bearing it can start to become not as smooth as it once was. I do belive now (since I have alot more experience that when I got that super g) that you should try your hardest to never unscrew your yoyo. Change the bearing to whatever bearing you want and screw it together and leave it that way. Yoyos are very wierd I might add, bearings in every other situation and machine are allmost allways not ment to be removed ever and they are made to last. Yoyos are wierd in that, we can change the bearing at will over and over again so just keep that in mind. Get the knots out with a pin or paperclip or somthing of that sort. I though that was stupid when I first saw that but now I realize why the never unscrewed their yoyos. Bearings do not need to be cleaned very often but every now and then is fine so just changing and cleaning is really the only reason you should unscrew your yoyo in my honest opinion.

It definitly would not hurt for YYF to mention these facts just to give a heads up to the buyers of their yoyos.

I’ve had poor customer service and faulty products from YYF also –

The bearing seat was so tight on my Superstar I ended up scratching the inside wall trying to remove the bearing (pre multi-tool days) - I contacted the retailer first and they asked me to send it back to them. They also couldn’t remove the bearing and told me to contact YYF directly via email which I did - had no response for a couple of weeks so I got back in touch with the retailer again who then contacted YYF themselves, YYF told them that they had emailed me but it must of gone to my spam folder or something - I did a full search of my Gmail account but I couldn’t find anything from YYF. I think it was Patrick who eventually contacted me and offered a replacement which was cool but the saga had taken so much time YYF no longer had the same colour-way in stock so I just ended up taking the hit.

Ironically the YYF bearing removal tool was released about a month or so after this episode!

With regards to faulty products my two 1st run Northstars both cracked and became un-playable within three or so weeks of receiving them, the white one was hardly thrown and the orange one had a fair amount of use but still should of lasted longer than a few weeks - now they both don’t spin for very long and play awful!

Saying that I recently bought a 2011 VK Supernova and it’s a brilliant high end throw – good with bad I guess!

Thats the truth, with my Solar I really think it is impossible to take the bearing out. I just don’t like that yoyo in general.

My c3 master galaxy bearing seat wasn’t as tight as most yyf throws.

Yeah, the seat on my beserker was perfectly reasonable as well. C3 makes good throws.

This thread has more than run it’s course. Patrick and Ben have provided a way for folks to seek assistance should they have problems with a YYF product - email Patrick@yoyofactory.com, contact@yoyofactory.com, or contact the retailer you purchased it from.

1 Like