Back in my day...

and to get it we walked uphill… both ways… with no shoes… in 3 feet of snow…and we liked it! :smiley:

Wow you lucky…, you started with an 80306!!!
My first was an 8086 with 256 kb RAM.

Before that we used these w/a 110 baud dial up modem & paper tape…

Man now I feel really young my first computer came with 256mb of RAM I guessing… It was sick I could put jigsaw puzzles together without even having to clean up!

I started on a Commodore Vic-20 in 1983. It had only 5 KB of RAM and a cassette drive.

I still have it too!

I still don’t know anything about computers.

8500$…

Back when I was a young whipper snapper we only had Iphone 3G’s.

My Rolladex has more RAM than that thing does.

So does my yoyo.

Had a Commodore 64 when I was a young kid. Then got an XT, with a lovely neon green screen.

Finally, when I was about 14 we got a Pentium. For a couple weeks I was THE kid on the block, no one else had a machine with over 1 gig harddrive (ours was 1.3gb), and it had 8 megs of RAM. Those were the days - everything ran on that machine.
I remember copying games that took 12 or more stiffy disks. Something always seemed to go wrong when copying disk 9 or 10, and you’d have to start from disk 1 again.

Crazy thing is, I’m not that old. Computers have just progressed so quickly…

i know what you mean… right now im running on a 1.6 ghz intel atom dual core processor with 1 gig of ram and 160 gb hard drive, i was one of the first to have a net book (which has some performence issues), a few years later (today) im looking at a macbook pro with 2.2 ghz quad core i7 processor, 256 mb dedicated graphics 128 gb solid state hard drive, and 8 gigs of ram… my first computer waaay back in the y2k era had 6 gig hdd with 64 megs ram and who knows what processor and ran windows 98