Anyone into Computers?Tell us your rig,show pics,ect

Okay guys well i thought it would be a good idea to make a thread were everyone can talk about Computers,gaming,networking,programing,anything you can possibly think of. Take pictures of your rig. Show off your “Man cave”.

My current rig is a state of the art…Gateway labtop. MHM lol. I will be getting a better computer once i pass 9th grade.But until then im stuck with this. I am getting a gaming computer.

I just sent you my rig before I saw this thread. I’d suggest building a PC rather than buying one.

yeah i told him the same thing! haha ;D ;D ;D

here are some pix of my custom gaming pc i built.

FINISHED!

Specs

Manufacturer:
The Beast!
Processor:
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory:
2048MB RAM
Hard Drive:
150 GB 1000 RPM velociraptor/ 250 GB seagate barracuda
Video Card:
ATI HIS 1 GB 4870 IceQ4+ Turbo @770 Mhz
Monitor:
22" Acer Full HD
Sound Card:
Supreme FX X-Fi audio card
Speakers/Headphones:
Logitech g35 7.1 surround
Keyboard:
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse:
Razer Deathadder Gaming Mouse 3500 Dpi
Mouse Surface:
Razer Goliathus Fragged Edition Gaming mat
Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Motherboard:
ASUS Maximus III Formula LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX
Computer Case:
Coolmaster Sniper Storm

@mlewis
How much did that cost to build?

MMMMM well including the Headset, monitors, keyboard, mouse and some other random hardware about $3000 ;D ;D

Or if you are like me, afraid to mess something up and don’t want to mess with the wiring, you can find certain websites where you can pick parts and they will asseble it all for you. Usually comes with a small extra fee and a 3-year warranty on top of the warranty you already get for the individual parts. I also got a new mousepad with mine.

here is one more pic

But then you don’t get the experience/satisfaction of doing it yourself. It’s really not as hard as it seems. And most parts come with installation instructions.

I guess in my experience, not everything is about having the best, or the newest. I get by with what I can. MacBook and a Toshiba is about all I need.

You poor deprived child.

But dangit, I’m happy.

I have a new Sony Vaio. And using my “If it can run Counter-Strike” logic, this computer is great.

I know very little about my desktop :P. But since it can play SC2(on the lowest settings) fairly smoothly, I can say that I’m happy with it.

Anyways, I’m into java programming. I know the basics and some extra stuff from my computer science class.

My computer needs a new graphics car, then I will show you all…

i can play black ops on MAX settings on my 22" 1080p HD screen and get around 120 FPS lol, but the thing this isnt the best and newest. This set up is about a year or so old. i love it, it does everything i need it to do.

Latest and greatest go home! I still have a Pentium II desktop laying around here. That’s probably going to become a local file server when I get the time to play around with it.

Lol. I used to do that with 1.6, according to that I’ve only had good computers.

Call me a perfectionist but my standards are alll the way up to Source. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and I can run L4D2 on lowest settings. It can do that, and browse the web. Not much else I need. Any game else I wanna play I just buy for my PS3.