B7 Grail performance?

Who picked one up and can compare it to the original?

If not a comparison, how does it play overall?

1 Like

I posted this in the what did I get in the mail thread.

Got my b7 Grail today and I want to caution people about this throw. I thought the original grail was really good but this version is almost too much. They took light and floaty to a new level. Itā€™s past where I want it to be but someone might enjoy this. Itā€™s probably the smoothest art throw Iā€™ve tried but still has a touch of fingernail vibe.

6 Likes

If anyone has both and a scale, I would love to know how they compare weight wise

2 Likes

Grail is 63.5 I think. B7 was listed as 62?

4 Likes

Thanks. My real goal is to try the OG so Iā€™ll probably hold off.

2 Likes

Ooo ok big thanks for this. Exactly what I needed to know to avoid temptation.

Could it be that B7:Grail is like new Peak:OG Peak ? Just saying because, although the new Peak was nice, I found it to be too light and fast compared to the OG. Similarly, does the B7 play a good notch faster than the Grail?

4 Likes

I think thatā€™s a really good comparison. @beezy

3 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m just speculatively hopeful, but Iā€™m thinking that this will be a selling point to a lot of the fans of the Grail. And thatā€™s not to say that youā€™re not a fan of the Grail.

I imagine that the goal of making this particular yoyo is not to make something that looks and plays just like a Grail but out of 7075 AL. They probably wanted to make something that looks similar but amplifies certain aspects of the Grail that made it a unique and, arguably, revolutionary yoyo.

6 Likes

Alright, my initial impression is that it feels a lot like a 6061 Grail but maybe slightly zippier.

B7 feels more similar to the 6061 than the MC does to the MCMO.

3 Likes

Haha, this makes me want to try it more.

But I have weird taste.

5 Likes

honestly, i love the b7. i will preface this by saying the two play really similar. this thing is maybe a little zippier and a bit more stable. i think theyre both amazing throws and i recommend everyone try and get one of em. i dont think it matters much which one you get tho because like i said, theyre very similar imo

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about the comparison of the two ever since my B7 arrived. I feel the 6061 Grail is a little more bubbly and holds its float a nano second longer. The B7 is lighter and you feel that on the return, but the denser material doesnā€™t make it any more airy. If you canā€™t get either one of these the B7 plays real close to the MK1 Contact which a new batch is also dropping soon at a fraction of the cost with some fun colorways.

8 Likes

Best 25$ Iā€™ve spent on the bst!

5 Likes

I was able to get a fresh B-Grade around that price as well, and I still canā€™t tell why its even a B-Grade. @MarkD does a meticulous job of QC.

7 Likes

Same here.

4 Likes

what would b7 grail or original grail want more and why?:thinking::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks everyone for answering, i just interested inšŸ˜„

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/b7-grail-performance/342056/9

thatā€™s the point people buy art first to improve their performance as a player, and that requires a less productive yoyo and grail one of those. take it and make it more productive yoyo I donā€™t know if itā€™s a good idea thatā€™s why Iā€™m interested in this.
Iā€™m interested in hearing peopleā€™s opinions on this matteršŸ˜„

I dont believe they have made it more performant if thatā€™s what youā€™re saying. From the comments I read they have leaned into the grail characteristics like ā€œfloatā€. I dont think the B7 will be more powerful or stable vs the grail.

1 Like

Ä°nteresting opinion maybe you are agree. Ä° know just b7 grail is more solid in play