Axle hub broken

Hi guys, just want to ask, I was playing with my yoyo but then it suddenly fell apart. When I checked what was wrong, the axle hub was threaded/broken. Is there a way to fix this?

you need to re-tap the threads with an M5 axle size from your local machine shop, this is the last option to keep your halves attach again.

What should I say to the person?

Just say to the machine staff that I need to re-tap both halves to M5 size. And if they can do that ask how much it cost and once the re-tap is done buy a new M5 axle from the local bolt and nut shop. I assume your axle length is around 8mm? That pic looks like one of the models from magicyoyo?

1 Like

No, it’s the aventus by thesis

Ah I see, well this is all I can give you.
Remember your new axle size will be M5 x 8mm after you re tap it from the machine shop.

Hopefully you be able to fix your aventus soon. Goodluck

1 Like

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it😊

One more thing I almost forgot to mention, you need the two yoyo halves to re tap even the other one is still fine and not stripped so that your new axle size will be easily attach to the newly re tapped axle threads.

2 Likes

If only one side is stripped you can just use loctite on that side and secure the axle

Shoot me a DM, I’ll take care of ya

4 Likes