Auldey Ares and Auldey Magnum. Signature yoyos of Marcus Koh.

Yep, you guys should try the Auldey Magnum. It is my personal favorite yoyo with insane stability and soildness and flow.

I think the propeller looks stupid and 170 bucks for a yoyo with plastic parts? At least it plays well.

The propeller does not look stupid, and it is not plastic. The Ares Star is well worth 170 cause its performance.

1 Like

You can find it new for 13800 yen, and it outperforms most $170 yoyos.

I erroneously thought the black propeller was plastic due to its flexibility. The three spokes on the propeller are just really thin so you have to be a bit careful unscrewing the yoyo and screwing it back together. And I’m not a huge fan of the propeller either (not because of looks but because I just don’t like yoyos with spikes), but the Ares Star is an incredible yoyo overall. It would be well worth $170, but like I said you can get it for less if you look around.

I really like the looks, I mean mine’s the hot pink version and it looks sick. The finish is perfectly smooth and you can just tell it was crafted extremely well. A lot of people in the West think everything made in China is junk, and I’m not saying you do, but I am saying this is certainly not such a case.

Also if you hate the Ares Star you could try the Magnum, which is basically a retuned Ares Star without the propeller and it costs 12800 yen. I’d like to get one at some point but I don’t do enough top-on tricks to justify it right now while I already have the Ares Star.

Just saying I can’t imagine anyone being unsatisfied with either yoyo at these prices. I think Auldey is tremendously underrated in the U.S. and Canada.

1 Like

Thanks, you are correct. The Magnum is not really a return of Ares Star however. It is alot heavier at 70 plus grams. It is slower but more stable and precise for technical tricks. The two actually play very differently. The shape is complete changed and even the response pad is slightly revamped (Ares Star’s response pad will still work on Magnum and vice versa, but it performs better if the pads are matched right)

K, I was mostly going by what a certain website said: “In essence, the Magnum is the Ares Star, brought up to date to match the current set of modern trick trends.”

But they actually do look fairly different.

It looks childish, and Audley is underated because they started out by making bootlegs for blazing teens.

Sadly yes

I realize most of their throws are terrible, but so are Duncans and people still love Duncan. Ducan puts out yoyos to market American movies. Why can’t a Chinese company do this?

I’ve never seen Blazing Teens but it wouldn’t affect my impression of their modern high performance yoyos even if it’s the worst thing ever.

Auldey was only created for blazing teens, and Duncan doesn’t copy other ccompanies throws.

Auldet Magnum and Ares was created for Marcus Koh. Not blazing teens. He told me that. He designed it, not Auldey’s Blazing teens department.

I know, auldey is associated with the cheap stuff by most people though.

They both look sick! I like the Magnum.

Duncan doesn’t need to copy yoyos since they’ve been the #1 selling brand since the dinosaurs began yoyoing.

Although their latest release the Torque does look suspiciously like several Yoyomonster designs.

By the way Maxdarx7FD, my Ares Star did come in Blazing Teen packaging. I’ve heard the packaging varies from blue to pink so maybe this is only for pink models. I don’t care though. It’s a great yoyo irrespective of the packaging or Auldey’s past marketing techniques.

It is blazing teen packaging, but it has nothing to do with Blazing Teens. Auldey did that for publicity.

I can name tons of companies newer than Auldey that have never copied anyone.

Hi guys,
My name’s Brian and I’ve been supporting Marcus way before he even became famous, you might’ve seen some of his promo videos done by me.

At the end of the day, people are going to hate and continue to hate Auldey for their shady history. I have no associations with Auldey whatsoever but this is just what i have to say about MK’s 2 sigs.

I honestly think that Auldey is trying to pull something good and original for a change with this 2 throws, though i hate to admit I really hated that weird mercedes benz spike that’l probably rip your finger off you to try to do finger grinds, I honestly thought it was a top class throw.

I, like many people initially thought he was absolutely nuts jumping from Turning Point which was widely regarded as one of the top manufactures in the scene to one with a terrible reputation. However, he has his own personal reasons for doing so. See the thing you guys don’t see about Marcus since all you get are the glory and championships on youtube is the fact that he lives a very simple life in reality and doesnt come from a family background that people would consider wealthy, however yoyoing is something he takes very seriously and travelling from where we are (Singapore) to the US every year for worlds is financially pretty rough. All I can say is that most yoyo businesses arn’t making loads of money, and that led him to finding one that had the capability to support his travels.(I mean that’s what a sponsor’s meant for after all right?)

The actual words that Marcus said to me when he first got the first prototype of the Ares is.
“If you close your eyes and play with it, it feels just like a japanese yoyo” Which truly was the case.
Though I was still quite unhappy that he made the jump back then, I found myself oddly drawn towards the Ares’s play and I constantly got him to let me have a few throws on it when we met.

And then the Magnum came about, which is hands down awesome and original.

My only issues with the yoyos is that they come with this pretty nasty pads and generic k-pads don’t fit them, and I think they priced it a little too high. (Probably using marcus as marketing)

But at the end of the day,
It’s pretty clear that Auldey’s trying to make honestly good and original throws ever since Marcus came on board and to a certain extend, they did. If you guys are going to continue to bash the company for their past mistakes and not move on then well, I’m afraid that’s a rather shallow way of thinking. If you haven’t noticed, Auldey is now supporting and sponsoring alot of the big competition’s that everyone watches, which is something some famous companies arn’t even doing.

It’s time for a mindset change.

2 Likes

Duncan and YoMega a have a reputation for crappy yoyos too, but with Duncan’s recent De-Luxxe yoyos and YoMega’ Prodigy and Glide, they’re stepping up and showing that they can keep up with modern yoyoing. If you don’t bend, you break and Auldey’s showing they can follow too.

Duncan was never seen as “bad” company, the Fhz was always loved. After worlds 2009 a lot of people lost respect for Yomega.

@ThatBrianLouis

So you think the Ares Star and Magnum are great throws, maybe as good as Turning Point, but priced too high? You can get these yo-yos for 13800 and 12800 yen, respectively. Most of Turning Point’s throws are 14800+, some as high as 29800.

One of the reasons I bought the Ares Star is because I thought it was so reasonably priced.

I do wish the pads were sized different but haven’t really had a problem with them. Then again I’m not that good.