August 23rd, Edgeless release date

For sure I enjoy the extra spin time - especially when I’m trying to learn to string several combos - I could try several times before having to start all over again. However, after playing for almost a couple of years now, I am convinced I prefer the even-weighted feel of a good monometal (matter of personal preference) vs a bi-metal… but still kept on looking for that extra spin time that a bi-metal can afford. Maybe this Edgeless is the one I have been looking for.

1 Like

Midnight release! :v:

3 Likes

Just confirmed - 7pm EST on Instagram live.

5 Likes

In answer to one of your questions, I’m pretty sure Evan was using the Edge Infinite for Worlds this year. I had the amazing luck to play with it, as I was in Phoenix the day before they left for worlds and swung by Yoyofactory. It’s hard to tell from the video, but the beefier rims make me pretty sure it is. Plays super nice too, although I’m more a fan of organics myself

2 Likes

I agree and disagree at the same time. Performance is objective only if measured against certain parameters. Cars - cornering performance, straight line drag, stopping distance, etc. Offroad vehicles - could be slow rock climbing or massive speed up a near vertical hill. Gymnastics performace could be floor performance or the twirly streamer things or a horse etc. List can go on and on. For speed performance or competition yoyo performance is measured differently. Performance of the edgeless is set against a different set of parameters than what is needed for a competition and apparently it performs very well in that context.

3 Likes

Fair enough.

In that case, the parameters and context for this other, different meaning of the word “performance” needs to be explained for dimwits like me who haven’t been around long enough to know all the subtle variations in meaning a common word like this apparently has (in the yoyo world). Otherwise a yoyo’s qualities (like those of the Edgeless) will feel grossly misrepresented by those of us who have a set of expectations based on a simpler view of the hobby.

1 Like

Ok; now that you got that all ironed out; let’s get to the next high intensity conundrum.

Marshmallows…

Do you feel the average person has reached a realistically accurate conclusion; when describing the: texture, color, flavor, meltiness potential and squishy rebound factor; when relating a personal experience with said confection?

Or do you feel people exhibit a more Wild West/no specific parameters approach when speaking on the Marshmallow subject?

And thus; perpetuating the continued Myths surrounding the actual characteristics of said confection?

7 Likes

Tonight!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1dALPqBn6f/

6 Likes

@AndreBoulay
I was not aware that there was such a thing as a “Two Finger technique” for fingerspins. It just had not occured to me until I read this post. So, I immediately tried it and found that I was able to fingerspin the majority of my collection…pretty much everything with a suitable grind finish. Thanks for that tiny bit of info.

5 Likes

I still gotta figure out how to do a regular fingerspin. Cant get it down :joy:

7 Likes

I was the same way. One day I was in the warehouse with Andre and I was talking about not being able to spin the Horizon well. He showed me the technique he used and bam easy. The two fingers centers it better then you can just drop it out.

5 Likes

I can do the finger spin trick!

You know…minus the finger, or the spin.

But hey! At least the yo looks good! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

tuning in right now
I see there is a 10 min delay :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
10 Likes

I grabbed a silver with purple hub. Looking forward to it very much.

4 Likes

Same here but I got the Red/Black one. I have a feeling this will be out of stock soon. :joy:

2 Likes

Purple/silver is already sold out on YYF. Strange how it is different on YYE. I got Purp/Silv on YYE btw.

5 Likes

I grabbed an aqua Edgeless. It will fit nicely into my Color Wheel of Organics (photo to come when I have the Edgeless in hand).

Had it come in a red/blue version, like my Anomaly, I might have been sorely tempted to get one of those as well, but YYF spared me and my wallet this time around.

5 Likes

Glad I grabbed the red with black. That seems to be more popular than the aqua lol.

4 Likes

This is how I picked the aqua as well. It just fits more with my organic color theme, though unintentional. I’m excited to see it next to my blue 7076 bowl. I imagine they will compliment each other nicely.

2 Likes