Atmos Projects presents: Butterball

These look great. Have the specs been posted somewhere?

1 Like

Played Steve’s at Nats and this is a must buy for me.

2 Likes

Oooo! That Midnight!!

2 Likes

@Albertino @FrankDeath @knotgreen @Grunt @Shwa

Appreciate the love, y’all. More information to follow real soon!

3 Likes

In the first Design Notes editorial, we present a deep dive into the Canopy AL design process. The Canopy AL is the first Collection model that thoughtfully fuses the best of Atmos Projects’ and Caribou Lodge’s design philosophies.

Drawing from the iconic intricacies of the Otter, Harrison Lee’s signature model, and integrating the minimalist silhouette and rim structure of the Polaris, the Canopy AL is a blend of performance and fun, reminding us to get up, play, create, and go with the flow.

Read more here,

10 Likes

Hyped!

1 Like

All of the colors are very nice. Ended up ordering a clear because I couldn’t make up my mind between that and the midnight or oatmilk. I spent too much money this week. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I also couldn’t figure out between midnight or oatmeal… So I had my gf choose…

Secured an oatmilk Canopy! Can’t wait!! :fire:

4 Likes

Copped a Clear since Harrison said they won’t be at Worlds

3 Likes

Was able to pick up an Olive. Really couldn’t decide between that and clear. As always when I choose between any two colors, I made the wrong choice lol

1 Like

i wish i could get the string so so so so bad but not $40 shipped bad, i’ll wait till worlds :pensive:

@Siggy-06 @trickdano @SR1 @Bobparty

Thank you all for coming through! Can’t wait to get these in your hands.

@theendofcake We appreciate you! Not sure we might have the string at Worlds but I’ll see what we can do.

8 Likes

@rnsy Beautiful throw - can’t wait to get my hands on it!!!

1 Like

Snagged an oatmilk super siked !

1 Like

Hey, everyone.

In celebration of the biggest week of the yoyo world, we’re happy to bring you a treat to fill your summer with some Atmos goodness at a lower price point.

Over the next five days, we’ll be running a Summer Sale. This applies to everything we have on our webstore — titanium models, spare parts, Spoil Grades… everything.

Find out more here,

DM us here or in the comments if you have any questions, and we’ll take care of you.

Come through.

7 Likes

Ordered a Canopy AL, too good a deal to pass up. Anyone get one from the Stargazing event?

4 Likes

Smooth, creamy and fun. Say hello to the Butterball.

SPECS
Diameter 54.4mm
Width 46.5mm
Weight 64.4g
Material 6061 AL

The Butterball was designed, engineered, and tuned for pure fun.

Late last year, we looked into a repeat run of the Abel – a derivative of the Noah, one of our best selling organics to date. The Abel was a small-batch variant of the Noah that came without Side Effects, for those who wanted a simpler, more straightforward version that captured all of the Noah’s magic without the modularity or tinkering required. The Abel never got the time of day like the Noah did, even though it was lauded for its featherweight, sensitive play. We went through two great runs of the Abel, and then moved on to other projects.

Working on a possible third run of the Abel gave us a chance to make minor quality of life changes, on top of new colorways and the usual works – but one thing led to another, and getting carried away in long hours at the CAD desk, we emerged from design sessions with something quite different. The Butterball is the result of an incredibly fine focus on designing for feel.

Ever since the Tide, we’ve been thinking a lot about organic design, and the Butterball might be the most actualised version of all of those thoughts currently.

The most immediate departure from the Noah / Abel form factor is the removal of the schmoove-step – a feature that’s been found in every organic model we’ve designed, right since our first design in the Cloudberry, and most recently in the Tide. The schmoove-step brought multiple functional benefits to organic designs that typically lack stability and power; it allows designs like the Cloudberry, Thunderberry, and Stormberry to be surprisingly performant for their category without having to adopt extreme or awkward distributions of weight, and we’ve always liked our designs wide. Quite fairly, though, the schmoove-step departs from a purely traditional organic profile.

The Butterball takes from the Noah’s round, bubbly silhouette, and draws from our usual design features – such as a simple, unbroken curvature across nearly the entire design.

In terms of playfeel, we were hoping to merge the best characteristics of the Noah, Goji, Pomelo, and Cloudberry. It needed to feel like a fat, bouncy cloud on string, be well-paced and tuned in rhythmic play, and zip and dash when you wanted.

The distribution of mass here is different as well – there’s quite a bit more weight in the center and mid-zones. The magic happens usually where you don’t see it. While the Abel was incredibly lightweight and sensitive in play, the Butterball feels significantly more sure, and glides through tricks smoothly. The Butterball doesn’t feel flighty, in that sense – but still preserves great agility in directional-change play. Save for players who very specifically treasure an ultralight playfeel, the Butterball is – in our view – a significant upgrade to the Noah and Abel.

The Butterball comes in at 54.4mm in diameter, and 46.5mm in width, giving it a nice, fat, and comfortable profile. It clocks 64.4g in mass, so it feels light, but not sparse.

As its name suggests, the Butterball is just endlessly smooth.

The Butterball wasn’t made for competition or the modern meta; it’s not that kind of yoyo. But if you’ve enjoyed our takes on the organic genre, we have a feeling you’ll enjoy the Butterball too.

The Butterball is equipped with premier kit in

Stratos Pads by Atmos
Type II Concave Bearings by Atmos
First Class XL String by Kitty

We’d love to hear what you think! Let us know your thoughts in the comments, or in our DMs.

24 Likes

This looks like so much fun! Do you have a release date and price yet?

3 Likes

I got to play around with the Butterball and you don’t want to sleep on this one. It’s the most organic of organics and play is awesome. Great feel, smooth all around, response is awesome, and stability is still crazy on point. Was super impressed with this, and it’s legitimately my favorite Atmos throw I’ve had the pleasure of tossing around. I’ve been impatiently sitting around waiting for the info to be released just to say this, haha.

13 Likes

looks like buttah.

1 Like