Atmos Projects present: SPHERE

The Aris will be available in Carbon, Clear, Raw, and Rose Gold.

The electroplated versions come with a smooth, light blast.

All Aris come equipped with One Drop’s Aluminum Ultra Light Side Effects, an additional pair of Brass Ultra Lights, Zipline’s Case Study #50 String, Yoyorecreation’s NSK DS Platinum Bearing, Saturn Pads, one pair of CNC machined polycarbonate caps, and a cap removal tool.

More information on release at our Instagram, @atmos.projects.

Please note that electroplated versions have two tiny discoloration marks where the electroplating apparatus makes contact with the body. Such marks are pictured in the photo below. These are inherent to manufacturing such a design, and do not affect play at all.

Thank you all for your support! If you have any questions, please reach out to us via DM or in the comments, and we’ll take care of you.

13 Likes

This looks nice !!! It’s quite a different approach from your other models when it comes to shape and so far I’m liking it :grin: my only question is that how much will it retail for and when’s the approximate launch date ?? Sry if I’m being a bit nosy I kinda like to know these things beforehand lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ow boy.
Atmos Projects never cease to amaze.

BTW congrats for:

I really missed to see Khuno in action.

2 Likes

Reuben you’re making my wallet sad these look so dope!!! #Might make me get first Ti throw >.>
@Yoyogeek15 the instagram has more detail basically raw $350 and $370 for electroplated (ie any colors as I understand)

3 Likes

Do you have any Noah’s left?

3 Likes

Hey Rob! We’re all out of Noahs unfortunately, but we’re cooking up a new batch at the moment :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I finally got USPS to update the shipping information… My Noah is getting closer. I’ve been waiting patiently and its been hard. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You sir are a wordsmith. Reading your releases is almost the best part of the release… until the yoyo arrives.

5 Likes

Noah with Black :black_circle: Domes

20 Likes

@Shwa Hate to hear it’s delayed! Hoping it turns up soon – would love to hear what you think of it!

@Mep Thank you – I really appreciate that : ) Writing our design notes has become one of my favourite parts of the process, and I’m glad you’ve enjoyed reading them!

@Exmime Super crisp! Monochrome / Panda combinations just hit different.

3 Likes

Ha! Noah actually showed up that very day! You have another winner here and it’s right up my ally. I think it’s a contender for the best of floaty!! The color and feel are so premium. Thank you!

8 Likes

Awesome! : ) The Himalayan Rocksalt colorway came out nice, its definitely going to make it into our regular colorway rotations. So glad you’re enjoying this!

4 Likes

Some Pomelos, Cloudberries, Thunderberries and (very few) Noahs will be made available this week.

We dove into our archives recently and brought back some old favourites. Some of these were kept as archive pieces, some were prototype pieces that were never made public, and others went into storage before we made our shift halfway across the world. This is the last of the archive pieces that we have.

Colorways available are:

Pomelos — Cocoa Butter, Taro, Kiwi, Deep Seafoam, Oatmilk, Cherry Peach, Blue Sky, Prototype Gold
Cloudberries — Grape, Cosmic Smoothie, Kanagawa Wave, Pompeii
Thunderberries – Crema, Indigo Dusk
Noahs — Himalayan Rocksalt

Please note — not all colorways will be available in similar quantities; a fair number of Spoil Grades will be available at lower price points as well.

More information at our IG, @atmos.projects.

Come through! As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to us via DM or in the comments, and we’ll take care of you.

13 Likes

That picture of all the Pomelos together is so pleasing for some reason, love it!

3 Likes

We’re extremely honoured to announce our newest addition to our team — Coleman Weimer.

Coleman has been a friend of Atmos for quite some time, and welcoming him into the team was an incredibly natural decision. We’ve enjoyed our discussions about design and playfeel, and his feedback has featured heavily in designs such as the Noah, and our upcoming April release. Coleman’s also a wonderfully talented filmmaker — he’s the mastermind behind some of our favourite yoyo videos that were published in recent years.

He’s a person of distinct taste and style, both in his craft and in his play, and we’re just excited to have someone of his caliber on the team.

To mark Coleman’s addition to the team, we’ll be doing something exciting in the creative space that involves you. More information coming in the next few days.

In the meanwhile, please join me in welcoming Coleman!

14 Likes

Amongst many other things, part of the joy of having Coleman on the team is what he brings in creativity, style, and execution. To kick things off, here’s Coleman on something exciting that’s happening over the next two weeks:

One of the ways I have participated most in the yo-yo community is through making videos. To celebrate joining Team Atmos, I thought it would be fitting to host a yo-yo video contest.

You have two weeks to submit an entry. All videos must be comprised of only one continuous shot-- it can be as short or as long as you want (and as many tricks as you want), but it must be one continuous, unedited clip. The video can be as complicated or as simple as you want, with any yo-yo you want. We will be looking for entries that best express who YOU are: your style, your sensibilities and aesthetic interests. We will not be judging based on the skill of the yo-yoer, but submitting some of your best executed tricks is never a bad idea!

Post your entries to Instagram and tag @atmos.projects with the hashtag #atmosvideocontest2022

We will select multiple winners to recieve all the Atmos Projects goodness you could ever want. Be creative, be you. We’re stoked to see what you all come up with.

Accepting entries until Thursday, April 21st, 11:59pm EST.

— Coleman

8 Likes

We’re proud to introduce our newest entry – a bobbing, popping, bundle of fun.

Say hello to the Fruitloop!

SPECS

dia 53.7mm
wid 47mm
weight 65.2g
material 6061 AL

The Fruitloop began with the desire to return to levity in throwing, and that process has resulted in the most fun design we’ve made to date.

Much of 2021 had been spent working on more technically challenging and performance-oriented designs. After months of poring over a thousand CAD revisions, we felt the need to disrupt our rhythm slightly, and just do something playful.

Our aim from the beginning was to depart from the traditional organic form and design a rounded, ball-like model that would whizz, whip, run and roll through tricks. In other words, sacrilegiously unoptimised for the modern trickset, but something you couldn’t bear to leave home without.

Initial drafts of the first prototype were made under the working title, “Pebble”, conveying the sense of a small, compact, ball-ish object. It captured the essence of what it should feel like in hand; we also wanted it to feel more solid than what is usual of our organic lineup.

Our first prototype came back after some tinkering, and featured a thick 49mm width, 53.7mm diameter profile, with a majority of its mass packed in the hub. The mass bias was evened out by a ring-shaped machined aluminum cap, which was press-fit into the main body.

Having worked on the CAD, we knew how it would look, but having the physical prototype in hand for the first time – its unique profile reminiscent of a certain breakfast cereal – felt simultaneously amusing and inspiring.

Yoyo-ing can be self-serious at times. Holding an aluminium doughnut can be a good reminder that the ultimate substance of our hobby is having joy in play.

The first prototype was very interesting in motion. It was endlessly floaty, veered off-axis too easily, and required more constant application of movement and force than other designs we’ve made. At the same time, I felt myself gravitating towards hops, rolls, funky binds and odd whip-regens – the satisfying, frivolous stuff that are unapologetically my guilty pleasure.

Coleman, who tested and provided feedback for the prototype, mentioned he found it nimble and agile, ran faster than he expected, and floated with all the buttery smoothness anyone could want. He also enjoyed the effect of the Fruitloop rounding-off quick movements – a dampening that made movements feel gradual and natural that I experienced, too.

The prototype was promising – Evgeniy found it pure fun, but surprisingly capable for a “fun yoyo”, and gravitated to both its form and play – but we wanted to make a few tweaks .

The overarching sense was that the prototype had to be consolidated. It was a bit too wide (even by our standards), and played just a bit too airily – perhaps an unexpected criticism for such a concept – but the team agreed moving towards compactness and density felt right.

The second version (left, in lighter pink) came back perfectly aligned with our initial vision of how it should play and feel.

In probably a first for an Atmos design, we slimmed the overall profile – by just a bit. We also made the Schmoove-step less aggressive.

The most significant tweaks were made to the overall distribution of mass, primarily through the modification of the ring-caps. We increased its mass by roughly 10%, and altered its construction for a more secure fit with the rest of the body.

The new, slimmer and weight-adjusted Fruitloop retains the movement signature of the original prototype, which I think lends itself to redirects, and more rhythmic play. Additionally, it spins much better, has a cleaner gap width, and the unique “dampening” and “rounding” effect feels nicely paired with its new, fuller construction.

We’re usually conservative with releasing colorways, as we prefer to maintain a cohesive palette with each release.

The Fruitloop presents a unique (and wholly positive) challenge on this front, given its namesake cereal is characterized by what feels like a spectacle of colors.

As research (and breakfast) goes, I bought a box of the good stuff to dissect, and with some surprise figured there are, in truth, only six Frootloop colors – red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. I was considerably deflated, having operated under the grand illusion this number was something closer to 78.

We decided on a palette of eight to round off the set, and we’re in love with how they came out.

Short aside: this is not something we’re officially recommending, since it is vaguely equivalent to ripping rings out from bimetal designs, and may cause vibe, but – they do this.

For the more experimental and less precious amongst us – a colorway extravaganza awaits you.

The Fruitloop is not made for tech (although Evgeniy still finds a way to do elegantly complex things with it). It’s certainly not the yoyo to pick up if you’re into speed play or the latest competition meta. It’s actually even structurally biased against finger spins and DNA binds, and it won’t break any long sleeper world records. If you’re looking for a powerful performance beast, we genuinely recommend you to set your sights on other industry offerings.

However, if you’re like us – in need of something a bit different – perhaps in the search of a fun, boppy and rhythmic throw that will bring on hours of jamming fun, something unique to freshen your rotation, or something playful that might inspire the next shoot-the-moon-behind-the-neck-regen banger that will set the collective interwebs on fire, the Fruitloop might just be for you.

·

Fruitloops come equipped with premier kit in Saturn Pads, and Zipline String’s Case Study #50s.

·

Note: Fruitloops come with a deep blast that feels similar to the one applied on the Noahs, but is smoother, and less aggressive. It gives the Fruitloop a lovely matte, clay-like finish.

We’ve tested the blast for string breakage risk with approximately 120 mins of play on a single string that is thinner than the average “fat” bulk spec with no resulting breakage issues.

However, we recognize some variance exists; should your string show premature wear, we recommend taking some time to lighten the blast on areas that make the most contact with your strings. You can do this by rubbing the inner walls with old denim or a leather belt to alleviate any abrasiveness. We recommend doing this for a few minutes, and it should be perfect for play after a good buffing.

·

If you’ve reached this point – thank you for your time! We’d love to hear your thoughts, whether here or in the DMs.

40 Likes

Very neat concept!!

5 Likes

This is the Atmos design I’ve been waiting for, I’ve bugged you on Instagram about higher walled design in the past lol. These look really good. It’s funny how something like the Bear Trap can end up looking comical with a similar cap design, but the way the Fruit loop body curves down into the cap in an almost seamless arc makes all the difference. Those outer rims curving down so much is something I feel like not a lot of organics do, but the ones with those curves like that just feel so good to hold. After playing plastic weight ringed Freehand Ones, I feel like I’ve got some idea of what to expect, and I know these are going to be a joy to throw.

Clear and mint are both calling my name, as usual your muted color tones look great. As an aside I’m really looking forward to trying finger spins on these. I know you said it’s not great for them, but stupid challenges are half the fun of yoyo. Hopping to other fingers and landing back in the cubby hole seems fun, if really challenging from the high walled design, and what looks like a large convex dome in the cup?

5 Likes

I will definitely buy this one

2 Likes