Astronomic shipping costs! For crying out loud

I live in portugal.

It seems the cheapest way to send something to here is to pay 23 bucks for shipping?

Are you kidding me? No offense, but…

I ordered from china and I paid 5 euros (aprox. 7 dollars) for shipping, and it comes faster.

Please, this is astronomic and totally imoral.

Get another shipping method, damn

if you dont like it than continue to buy from china. if i ordered something from portugal i would have to pay the same amount, thats just the way it works

2 Likes

if im not mistaken YYE ships Priority Mail. Overseas Priority Mail is expensive.

So the two options would be to look somewhere else or pay the price.

I have ordered from Overseas and had to pay more shipping its part of buying from outside of your country.

Yeah but this is way more expensive than every other shipping cost from america I’ve ever done, and even more than from china.

I payed 7 euros to some things to come from the States :-X

I’m sad I can’t buy from here, I feel like I owe Andre Something, he’s done so much for us.

Love,

RamzYo

There’s a good chance he may be looking into reducing international shipping costs. This is still a relatively new site, and it has probably been easiest to use USPS Priority as a standard to everywhere with so much else going on. I wouldn’t be surprised if other options eventually become available, but until then I’d just try elsewhere unless you’re making a big order.

I looked into shipping from the U.S. to Portugal, using a 1.5-pound package as a hypothetical example. Assuming that what was being shipped could fit into a 8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8" box, USPS gives me a rate of $13.45. Otherwise, the least expensive services are Priority Mail International, at $31.05, or First Class Mail International Package, at $14.20. With that latter option, though, your package could take weeks or months to arrive. Time is money.

Keep in mind, too, that the USPS employs quite a few people (I’m not sure of the exact total) and serves a large geographical area and a large population. Additionally, if you opt for Priority Mail, your package will likely hop into a jet-powered aircraft, which are hideously expensive to operate. Those factors, and our ridiculous fuel prices (though I’m sure those are much worse in Portugal), conspire to keep costs high. And those costs have to be passed on to the consumer.

I agree, though, that it’s unfortunate that you’re having to pay so much.

This post is has been said, done, and dead for over a month… Please, check the dates, and dont try to help people who have been helped over a month ago…